Notices

First 5k Race of 2011...

Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default First 5k Race of 2011...

and it was cold & rainy! No biggie, dressed for the weather and managed a 23:44, finished 7th of 24 in my Age Div. (M 40-44) and 54th of 497 overall.
It was about 40*, little breezy and light rain, didn't feel the cold after mile 1, fun day.
Anybody else out there brave the cold and run to start off the new year?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Actually yes. I didn't race yesterday, but it was an unseasonable balmy 47 F around here, the snow was almost totally melted and so after it stopped raining I put on my tunes and my gear and went out for a nearly 6 mile jog/run/walk through the neighborhood. Today my legs feel like bruised gnarled stumps, but it's all good baby... BTW congratulations, that's an awesome way to kick off the new year.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Actually yes. I didn't race yesterday, but it was an unseasonable balmy 47 F around here, the snow was almost totally melted and so after it stopped raining I put on my tunes and my gear and went out for a nearly 6 mile jog/run/walk through the neighborhood. Today my legs feel like bruised gnarled stumps, but it's all good baby... BTW congratulations, that's an awesome way to kick off the new year.
Awesome, great way to start the new year

I also signed up for another 5k for this Saturday with more rain in the forecast...I guess Ima glutton for punishment....
I've also made a list of races for 2011 and it was over 20 races! Yikes, @ $30 a pop, I might have cut back or start training for 10k's to get the most bang for my buck
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
FitDay Member

Nice! I seriously started running about 10 weeks ago. My running buddy and I usually run 8 ks, but wanna up that to 10 ks now. We have even started to consider running a half-marathon in May. It's funny - only a couple of months ago we were saying how stupid and futile very long runs are and now we are completely hooked. Hope, we can stay motivated.

Best of luck on your runs!! (It's a shame, there don't seem to be any 5 k-races where I live. Wonder why that is...)

Molly
Old 01-07-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Correction: There are in fact a whole bunch of 5k, 8k etc. runs! Consider yourself the root for my research There's a cross country run (8 ks) some 10 miles from where I live next month. I'm all psyched!!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Correction: There are in fact a whole bunch of 5k, 8k etc. runs! Consider yourself the root for my research There's a cross country run (8 ks) some 10 miles from where I live next month. I'm all psyched!!
Nice! Post up some results when you can.
The weather for tomorrows run looks a lot better than the earlier forecasts. Looks like 40*, sunny with clouds, 20% chance of rain and 3 mph wind-should be a good run
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on finishing your first run in 2011. I plan on registering for my first race in April. Can't wait. I've already purchased my shoes, lol.

Keep RUNNING
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Meekness
I plan on registering for my first race in April. Can't wait. I've already purchased my shoes, lol.

Keep RUNNING
Outstanding!
FWIW,I ran last weekend and almost put up an identical time from my previous race.
My goal this year is to break into sub 22:00 mark, that will possibly get me into the top 3 finishing positions. I'm tired of getting 4th
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Nice! Post up some results when you can.
The weather for tomorrows run looks a lot better than the earlier forecasts. Looks like 40*, sunny with clouds, 20% chance of rain and 3 mph wind-should be a good run
Hey sw07, so, we finally upped our running to 10 ks.
We haven't participated in an official run yet, but i thought i post some training results anyway:

10.5 k = 1 h 17 mins
10 k = 1 h 7 mins
9 k = 57 mins

Not particularly fast, I know, but at least we keep on going

Best of luck on your runs!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Hey sw07, so, we finally upped our running to 10 ks.
We haven't participated in an official run yet, but i thought i post some training results anyway:

10.5 k = 1 h 17 mins
10 k = 1 h 7 mins
9 k = 57 mins

Not particularly fast, I know, but at least we keep on going

Best of luck on your runs!
Fantastic! At least your doing it! I've been sidelined with a foot injury right after my last race
I'ts been almost 5wks since I ran competitively- I've missed 2 races so far, no biggie tho....been hittin' the gym and working around the "injured" area.

There's a 10k at the end of March (27th) that I plan on training for starting this upcoming weekend. We are getting some beautiful early spring weather and I can't wait to start racking up the running miles

I've also been invited to try out for a Softball team by some co-workers.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.