Notices

weight training DVDs

Old 12-18-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default weight training DVDs

ok, i have lost the weight and even though i was exercising during my weight loss, now i feel the need for a good weight training dvd to build up lean sexy muscles.
could anyone please suggest a good weight training dvd to help me acheive this goal? by the way, if it is not a dvd, but a game for xbox360 or wii, that's still good too, or maybe it's even better than a dvd, (hopefully it gets my kids moving too?)
Old 12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

I use Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing, and I put wrist weights on for added "ooompf". I've heard really good things about the P90X series but I understand it is hardcore and expensive to buy (check the library?). Also, Body for Life, has a website with a lot of free info including how to video's. My daughter in law does something called Crossfit and she looks awesome.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

P90X gets my vote, hands down.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Farah,

Just because you mentioned lean sexy muscles I have to also put my vote in for P90X. I've found that intense Crossfit-style workouts (like P90X) really do wonders for women in terms of "lean sexy muscles."
Old 12-20-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

ok, don't want to sound like a whinner, but isn't P90X sooooo hard to do? i see the workout and feel exhausted and scared to death just by watching it!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

you don't sound like a whinner... and P90X is HARD, that's why it works so well. To be honest, the 1st few days - week are total hell, once you get passed that it gets much easier. I work with a guy (probably late 40's) that I convinced to do it a while back. He told me that if it weren't for me telling him to just tough out the 1st week he would be beginning ROUND 3!! He's around day 200 of the 90 day program.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Could anyone do this program or is it for people at advanced physical levels? i have not ever been able to pull myself up a door bar yet, i don't know if i can do it now?
i'm really trying to get as much info and facts as possible before commiting myself to any program. hope you understand?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

I was in pretty bad shape when I started it, so I'd just just about anyone can do it. As far as not being able to do any specific exercise, the program shows how to midify anything. You can do assisted pullups by putting a foot on a chair.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Try Turbulence Training if you want to workout less. I know P90x works but I also know that it is a 6 days a week plan.

TT is a 3 day a week plan. Check out the women under 40 category: Fat Loss Quick Weight Loss Transformation Contest Burn Fat
The middle entry got very lean on this program.

P.S. Those exercise video games for the Wii and the xbox 360 Kinect will do very little to helping you build muscle.

P.P.S. Vote for me in the men under 40 category. (Jason)
Old 12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

I went back to my gym part time just to lift HEAVY safely! I received a very nice (non sexist) compliment on my the other day, thank you heavy squatting! I also do the P90X abripper. It works! I am thinking of doing the whole 90 days but don't know if I can give up the lifting during that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.