Notices

Personal Trainer

Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Personal Trainer

I really struggled and finally gave in to asking for help. This was my second session with a personal trainer today. Last week I realized 2 days later I had muscles I did not know existed so I tried to hold back this time. I am learning really good conditioning and realize my mistake is staying in my comfort zone.

Anyone personal training? How many times a week?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I too have finally conceeded that I need professional help! Seriously though...have hit a BIG wall and am calling in reinforcements. Have yet to meet with her though. How often do you meet with yours?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

I have used a trainer in the past, but not currently. When I did, we met once a week. I was given an assignment for the week and had to report on progress. each week, she would change up the assignment. I think it was very useful because I have a tendency to do what I perceive a a hard workout but she could really push me to the limit.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lynzatn
I really struggled and finally gave in to asking for help. This was my second session with a personal trainer today. Last week I realized 2 days later I had muscles I did not know existed so I tried to hold back this time. I am learning really good conditioning and realize my mistake is staying in my comfort zone.

I just met, for the first time, with a trainer. He got me started on a strength training plan. I am not going to meet with him on a regular basis....but to plan to check in every other month or so. Pushing myself is a problem too....it's easy to fall into that "comfort zone". So right!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

I have had personal training sessions for the last year (except a 2 months break for surgery), and I can honestly say that it's been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I too, like many of you tend to stay in my comfort zone, not really feeling like pushing myself when I'm on my own. That's why all my efforts before failed miserably. Now, it's different. The main thing I get from sessions with trainer is him motivating me, pushing,and making sure I don't hurt myself. I still remember how achy I was after initial sessions - literally EVERY muscle in my body was hurting! Even now, when he changes the routine I am sore, but it's not so bad. I am seeing my trainer 3 times a week - I know, it's expensive, but I see it as an investment in my health and well being.
A question to all: how do you determine how many calories do you REALLY need a day? I have looked into different formulas, and I come up with different numbers every time!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lynzatn

Im into a program of the best LINK REMOVED and this could take about 4 weeks. but the thing is they help me get my 6 pack in just 2 weeks. and its getting addictive every week.

jadecrew, please read the http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...rum-rules.html

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-13-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

You should check out Crossfit. Check there website to find an affliate close by. its around $100-150 a month depending on your frequency. It's like working out every day with a trainer only cheaper. I started 6 months ago and am down from 315lbs to 260lbs. Hardest workouts I've ever done. love it and hate it at the same time.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I second the crossfit

It is, indeed, like have a personal trainer every time you go. In and out in about an hour. They'll push you to your limit every time, but make sure that you are doing the exercises correctly and safely.