Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Did You Exercise Today? >

Did You Exercise Today?

Community
Notices

Did You Exercise Today?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Boo! That sounds like fun. I really love to dance, and I remember having fun with Jazzercise back in the day. I may try to rent a Zumba DVD and do it at home as I don't think there are any classes in my rural area. Thanks for the feedback though. =)
Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Have a fit day, Everyone! (Get it fit day? Haha!)
LOL.....I sorta exercised today...did about 35 min of stretches, calisthenics and some light dumb bell (10lbs) work on my shoulders.
Walked each of my 3 dogs around the block after work, 35min walk / 1.35miles

Last edited by sw07; 08-10-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

I had an hour of cardio tennis this morning. I think I melted!

Does anyone else notice a complete lack of energy in this heat? I'm drinking a lot and eating well; I just feel like it's a huge effort to even put one foot in front of the other!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I have energy issues in the heat too. Right this minute it's hard to believe that I was actually looking forward to the summer heat.

I got my workout in this morning, I went 60 minutes on the elliptical, sweating like a pig the whole time. I will probably do my shoulder stuff later today, which will be about 15-20 minutes of lifting light handweights and stretching - sounds wimpy, but it kicks my butt every time.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, are you kidding? That doesn't sound wimpy to me at all! And yes, it is really hard to muster the energy in this heat and humidity. I just walked my dog and he is lying on the floor now with his tongue hanging out so it's not just us!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Almeeker, are you kidding? That doesn't sound wimpy to me at all! And yes, it is really hard to muster the energy in this heat and humidity. I just walked my dog and he is lying on the floor now with his tongue hanging out so it's not just us!
No I'm not kidding. Compared to what I was doing before I busted up the shoulder this is really wimpy stuff. I was bench pressing my body weight, now I'm lifting a 5lb handweight and my whole arm is shaking with it. I don't even do that many sets, 10 each of like 15 different movements. There is something really wrong with this old shoulder, and I don't think hand weights is going to fix it.

You know my kids looked exactly like your dog earlier this afternoon, so I sent them to get their swimming suits on and then I sprayed them with the hose. Perked 'em right up.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, Almeeker you are hardcore! Thanks so much for motivating all of us with your success and amazing dedication. You rock!

I have actually put my dog in a tub with a few inches of very cold water in it. Cooling off the paws really works but if I had a hose, I would have done what you did to your kids! I could just picture it in my mind!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Just finished my workout for tonight. I re-rented the Biggest Loser DVD from the library today. I'm enjoying it, and can feel that I'm improving. Though I still have lots of trouble with lunges. I don't have the balance yet and my knees don't seem to want to cooperate. I'm hoping as I lose weight I'll get stronger and be able to do them.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Got 45 minute walk in before I had to walk thru an industrial area to get to Costco...so to save my LIFE (from transports and mosquitos), I jumped the bus the last stretch. Still got in my 65 minutes today - oh, GREAT!, just what I want to hear .... DH just rushed out to meet the Ice Cream Truck! LOL We don't have the heat here (Alberta Canada) but we do have mosquitos that come equipped with landing lights!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Smoosh, Way to go, soon you'll be loving this exercise thing! Hey, for lunges make sure you have good supportive shoes and it will be easier. Today was my cardio day so I did 30 minutes on the stepmill and 30 on the treadmill. I always do interval training cardio. Alternative days I do 60 minutes resistance/weight training and 30 minutes interval training cardio. I love it all, I'm a regular "gym rat!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.