Hello, New Here!!

Community
Notices

Hello, New Here!!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello, New Here!!

Hello Everyone,

I just joined fitday yesterday. I am 31 years old and I currently weigh 163 lbs and would like to get down to 130lbs. I quit smoking about 56 days ago. I already exercise most days of the week and just most recently signed up for classes at a local fitness studio in which I took a boot camp class last Saturday. I still need to work on my eating habits and thought this site could help with that. It's nice to join you all and open to any suggestions to help. I think my eating is my biggest weakness I mean I do eat alot of fruit and things, but have to try to stay away from that fast food and can sometimes have a horrible sweet tooth. making progress, slowly but surely. Have A Great Day!!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Violet,

I'm pretty new here, and I really like it! I love the food journal. It really helps to keep me honest.

Cathy
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Violet! I'm not new to FitDay, but new to the forums. Congrats on quitting smoking -- that's a huge achievement! I quit in 1997, and it's something you just do day-by-day... kind of like dieting. =)

I still have a bit of weight to lose myself, but I'm proud to say I've cut out fast foods for over 1 year now. I feel so much better too. I just got tired of spending so much money on items I knew weren't healthy for me.

This site is really great for helping you keep track of your progress and remain accountable, but the main thing is to use the tools. And the forums, I'm finding, are an added means of support & encouragement, which is also key to success.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, violet!

Congratulations on quitting smoking. That is an amazing thing to do for your health. And you're already tackling exercise and healthy eating, too? You rock!!! Just think how awesome you're going to feel with all these positive changes you're making! =)

Great job on exercising most days and taking boot camp class. That will definitely help the pounds come off.

As for eating well, here are a few tips I had after reading your post:
- Record everything you eat in your food log on FitDay! If it goes in your mouth, it goes in the log. That will help you identify some areas of improvement.
- Don't try to change all of your eating habits at once. Start simple, like only eating out one meal per week or replacing a favorite treat with a healthier alternative. You can always add more goals and improve more of your habits as you go along.
- Having a sweet tooth isn't the enemy...just look for ways to eat healthy while still satisfying your sweet tooth! That's my constant journey. =)

You're the person who commented on my blog, right? Thanks for reading! Maybe you could try using writing as a creative outlet as you go through this journey?

Best of luck!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Did You Exercise Today?

Thanks Everyone for your input, feedback, suggestions and comments. There are some good things I need to start thinking about.

Today, I did 60 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill and some work with the weights. Have A Great Day!!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I personally love what boot camp style workouts did for my body, they really kickstarted my healthy lifestyle!