Notices

Step Counter

Old 06-08-2015, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Step Counter

I have been using a step counter app. Technically, it cannot count all the steps that you take in a day, but it give you an idea how "active" you are or if you are sitting around all day. So, if you have your phone on you all the time, you can count your steps throughout the day. What is interesting is I was watching a PBS Kids show the other day, Arthur, and they said that you should take at least 10,000 steps a day, exactly what the app recommends.

Is anyone else using this app or a similar app? How's your experience and how is it affecting your diet or health goals, so far?
Old 06-08-2015, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm also using the S Health app in my Samsung S5 it is actually a built in app that I discovered when I saw my office mate monitoring her own record in her phone. It has a pedometer that counts your steps and compute your kcal burned in a day. My goal is also 10,000 steps a day too but too bad I still haven't reach my goal
Old 06-25-2015, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I realized that it is hard to reach 10,000 steps. I mean, we went camping and we were walking throughout the day, but I still did not reach 10,000. The most that I got was 8,800+ steps. I almost threw my phone because I thought there was something wrong with the app. I think I wrote something here about asking to troubleshoot an app? I even thought about contacting parachutetechs, you know, for troubleshooting, but I realized that's very silly.

I remember that the last time I was this gung ho about an app was with candy crush soda and I almost almost bought coins just so I can continue playing. LOL. It's so funny sometimes how we get too attached to our apps.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-25-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-27-2015, 06:52 PM
FitDay Member

I see some lapses also with my S Health app but it's the other way around it seems to count even when I'm not walking, probably there's an error with the motion sensor.