Running Through Cemeteries >

Running Through Cemeteries

Community
Notices

Running Through Cemeteries

Old 01-09-2015, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Running Through Cemeteries

Wondering if there is any sort of etiquette about this.

There is very large cemetery near my home and it's the easiest way for me to get to some of my favorite running routes. I cut through there on most runs and sometimes I take the long loop around the cemetery. It's just so peaceful there.

It has many paved roads and I run only on those, but sometimes I wonder if I am disrespecting in some way.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

What a good question! As long as you stay on the paved road, I don't know why it would be 'disrespectful.' On the other hand, if a lot of people use those roads for running, it may bother some people who have family members buried in the cemetery.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I've ran a 5k here in town that starts and finishes in a very old & large cemetery. At first it creeped me out but it's actually very relaxing, even though I'm running with a large crowd, it's still very peaceful, but you can't help feeling like your being watched.
Personally I wouldn't do it alone, but that's just me. I've seen too many horror flicks and the cemetery is last place I would want to spend any of my "above ground" time at
Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies. Glad there was no strong opinions about this so that means I'm probably good to go.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Wink underground

There a lot of people that have past away, and family never visit the grave, at least spiritually your making there day. Make sure to keep yourself safe
Old 10-31-2015, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

I dunno, you may run into or become a zombie or ghost... There's been zombie outbreaks in Massachusetts I here's... Best be wary.... Take a martial arts class if you have doubts... A real one, not some karate kata addict therapy deal....