The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie,

welcome on board! Glad to have you with us!

Last edited by MollySue2; 11-02-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 11/03/2010

Good morning all!

What have you got this week? ? ? ? ?

Have a fantastic day!
Molly
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Things have been pretty topsy-turvy these last few weeks. I'm working full-time again, so I find it pretty hard to put any energy left into my doctoral thesis. Running has become a pretty good outlet for stress and I'm thrilled to report that I started running 8 k (about 5 miles) last weekend!!! The course winds itself along the river banks of my hometown and across four bridges, so it's quite a challenging course (for me anyway ).
On a different note, I'm slacking with my eating habits. I either don't eat (on the stressful days) or everything in sight (on my days off). I know I need to start logging in my food again and that I should prepare my lunch in advance, but I don't seem to manage either. Any advice??

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Molly
Old 11-03-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

5 miles molly- wow! that is great! as for logging your food- i need to start doing that again as well.. but am lacking the enegery to do so. This past weekend for me was a complete bust- but in a way it felt ok. I threw a huge halloween party- drank beer and ate candy - i am up from last week but i know it will come down again...

I ran my first 5k this past weekend too! i almost came to tears when i crossed the finish line..i was so proud and my entire family was there and friends - holding signs "team kaitlin". i framed my bib from the race...i am very proud. i am actaully currently looking to run some more aorund my area- before it gets really COLD!

as for my week so far- i am back on track (somewhat) i gave away all left over junk food (cupcakes and msot of the candy) at work..so atleast it is out of my house. I am very happy i did that. AS far as eating patterns i guess i just need to become more strict with myself again...i've been slacking..eating bigger portions and more snacks..

my original goal was to be 190 by halloween...i was 194. and after this weekend and basically not caring i am 198 today...i am confident i will get back to 194 within one week- i have learned my body very well through this experiance.

new goal- 185 by xmas.
\

i cant promise i will log in my food- but i will keep checking in with you guys!

i want to put up a picture from my race..how?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

I hear you both loud and clear!

The good news: I have kept up with my running. For the past 2 months, I can easily run a 5k and at least once a week I run 6k non-stop. I am thrilled with my fitness level!

The bad news: Two weekends ago I had a wedding to attend and sort of let loose and ate whatever I wanted. I also drank a few glasses of wine but really the desserts (as always were my downfall.) I felt so ashamed at how much I ate that weekend that I stopped logging my food for 10 whole days and ate sloppily and without any regard to my weight loss plan.

The neither good nor bad news: I still weigh 178 pounds. I had of course gained some pounds but seem to have lost them again by logging and jogging (haha, it rhymes.)

I don't know why I let myself get so off course but I really feel like if I just keep logging my food, keep checking in with the Fitday forums, and keep up the running and other forms of exercise, I know I can clear this hurdle and start losing again.

Reading your posts, Kaitlin and Molly gives me hope because I know I am not alone in this. And there is a great understanding between us about our personal challenges with body image, exercise and weight loss.

Kaitlin, I am SO IMPRESSED with you!!!!! Wow, you ran your first 5k! I remember not very long ago you were aprehensive about being able to run for more than a few minutes, now look at you! You're an athlete! YAY Team Kaitlin!!!!

Molly, wow you can run 8k! That is amazing! Today Girls, we should celebrate our fitness achievements and have confidence that our eating habits will follow suit.

Have a rockin' Wednesday, Wed Clubbers!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-03-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week #12

Hi All,

Internet was down last week so I missed checking it. I was up 2 lbs. (TTOM) but I'm back down again today. Still at 200 , I need to break out of the 200's! I can't even believe I let myself get back up this high again, but it is what it is........

I did graduate the C25K program! HooRay for me!!! But I've only run sporadically the last 10 days. Hmmm, can you say "need a program to follow"? LOL. I do so much better with a structured plan. I was going to go right into the B210K program and even set up the first 4 weeks of podcasts with cues and my music, but I'm just not sure if I can commit to the 50-70 mins of running in the morning before work. So I'm taking this week to decide. I'm leaning towards my original plan of increasing to 4 days/week and following the B210K intervals, just not the full 50 min (unless I get up early enough ) LOL

Congrats to everyone else on their running and losses! It is really inspiring to read. And I'm very thankful to have this forum to come too each week to hold me accountable. Because the weight is coming off so slow, I would have given up already in the past, but checking in every week and seeing it in black/white keeps me going!

Thanks EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

we can do this!

lets show this blub who is boss!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

I like that Kaitlin! I showed the blub that I was the boss this morning, by doing the 30 Day Shred workout. Now I am off to work!

Have a great day, Wed Clubbers!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default would like to join this group- will post again next Wed

I am trying to use fitday to get down to my race weight for next season. I am hoping this forum will help me stay on track. Does anyone know if this can be seen in google or anything?

Starting Weight: 137 last April, but I have yo-yo'd--
Current Weight: 128.6
Current Body Fat Percentage: will have that next Wed
Christmas Goal: 122-123 lbs
Goal Weight: 114 lbs
Goal Body Fat Percentage: 18-20%

3kidsmom
Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default You girls inspire me

Will be able as of Tuesday concentrate on my health and fitness level. Just will get back to walking at least 5 miles per day ... and who knows since most of you run maybe can get some helpful hints on running. I must lose min. 5 lbs by January 6 doctor's appt. Had them off but they slide back on this summer.
Anyways as I said you all have inspired me to work towards a healthier me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.