Notices

Calorie Tracking Device

Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calorie Tracking Device

Is there any such device out there that you can wear all the time that will monitor your heart rate and more accurately calculate your calories burned throughout the day? I don't want a step tracker since I'm not going to be using it for walking/running and I want to be able to wear it all the time. I want it to track even when I'm sleeping. Does anyone know if there is any such thing out there? And if not it needs to be invented.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Specifics? I dunno.
Go to amazon and look at 'fitness monitors.' There are lots of reviews and lots of products. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

There are chest-strap heart rate monitors which will work as long as you wear the strap (I think? I've never worn my for that long) and might work for 24 hours, if you can deal with having the strap on for that long a period of time. It might be uncomfortable for sleeping. I'd stick with what Kathy says for now - let us know what you find!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

There is actually a wristwatch like device that does exactly like that. It's called the Basis B1. There is some debate as to how much better it is at tracking your calorie usage over other personal tracking devices, like the FitBit Flex or the Jawbone Up. However it has sensors that measure your heart rate, perspiration rate, body temperature as well as how much you are moving. While a FitBit Flex or JawBone Up will set you back about $120, this will set you back closer to $200.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one, but haven't yet. I have found the calorie estimation that I get from the FitBit Flex is pretty close.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Incidentally, all three of the trackers I mentioned are meant to be worn 24/7 and also track sleeping. The Jawbone Up and FitBit Flex do it by looking at your motion patterns. The Basis B1 will use all of the other data sets it collects to track where you are in your sleep cycles.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Hank! The Basis B1 is exactly what I was looking for. Super expensive...I'll have to put it on my long-term wish list.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Banned

There are plenty options
Old 11-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

There are a ton out there...this is becoming a huge market. They are mostly calling themselves "fitness trackers". There are a ton listed here

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-09-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old 11-20-2014, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness tracker counts your steps and motivates you to exercise more throughout your day without drastic lifestyle changes or fad diets. Fitbit Flex is a great choice to lose pounds and achieve your weight goal.

In choosing the right fitness tracker you should consider

Tracking Features
Design
Interface
Apps & Accessories
Help & Support