Notices

Weight Lifting

Old 07-29-2014, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Lifting

I have currently been lifting the same weight on incline dumbbell press for about a month. I can't fire why some days i struggle to lift the weight and other days its fairly easy. If any one has any enlightening information on this i would be appreciative.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

It could be a number of things. Some days you may have more energy than others (due to calorie intake, work load, stress, sleep, etc). Some days you may just be pumped up and ready to go. Are you listening to music? Believe it or not, the type of music can make a difference.

Where do you workout? Do you have access to a barbell and plate weights? If so, I can tell you how I increased my bench.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-03-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2014, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with Mike's comments - there are so many factors that can effect your workout. One other thing to look at is your pre-workout nutrition. I find that I have a better workout if I have some carbs and some caffeine about 30 min before hand - usually a banana and a coffee. Experiment and find what works best for you.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FitTogether
I have currently been lifting the same weight on incline dumbbell press for about a month. I can't fire why some days i struggle to lift the weight and other days its fairly easy. If any one has any enlightening information on this i would be appreciative.
When you hit a stall it can be many things.

If you have been doing this over say 12 weeks ( just a example ) you may need to deload for a week. Research it for more info but basically it lets your central nervous system recover.

Another idea is to switch weight, reps, and sets if you have been doing it for say 12 weeks. My heavy sets are a 5x5 program. After 12 weeks I usually stall and start having aches & pains. I deload, then drop the weight and go higher reps for x amount of weeks, then back to heavy.

My 1st shot at a stall is to drop the weight and push higher reps for a week or two, then go heavy again.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=JonesCrow;111125]I thinks weight lifting is great for fat loss. It increases your metabolism and your energy throughout the day.But Cardio and proper diet are the 2 key things to fat loss.

I disagree.

Diet>weight training>cardio

Cardio is good but more so for your heart. Diet is everything, hard to argue that one. Weight training keeps you in a calorie burning state 24/7, cardio does not.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-24-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-16-2015, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Agree to the answers made above, whenever it happens to me the factor is energy.
Look into your routine and check if there is something missing on the day you feel hard to life weight. There must be something; maybe you miss something in your diet intake which lower downs your energy.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default Try starting out at a relatively low weight.Light lifting builds lean, strong muscle

Try starting out at a relatively low weight.Light lifting builds lean, strong muscles. If that's what you want, then consider just sticking with lighter weights and do more reps.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

All of these add up to a much healthier, fitter body that is less likely to be injured. You end up looking pretty good, too!
Old 05-08-2023, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Improve Cardiovascular Health
Old 12-13-2023, 09:53 PM
FitDay Member

Weightlifting is awesome. It helps you build strength, tone your muscles, and improve your fitness.