Community
Notices

T25 anyone?

Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default T25 anyone?

I'm really thinking about buying Shaun T's Focus T25 workout video set. It's kind of pricey at $120 (although you do get a lot for the money...10 discs). Wondering if anyone here has done it and if so what you think of it. I'm kind of afraid I won't be able to keep up. I only just started exercising a few weeks ago after not having exercised for a gazillion years, and I'm very out of shape. But I'm thinking though that maybe a high intensity workout is what I really need.

I've been going to the gym and doing the 30 minute weight/cardio circuit, and I really like it, but I can't always get to the gym. (Daughter uses my car a lot.) So I'm looking for something to do at home along with my workouts at the gym.

If you've done it yourself or heard anything about it from friends, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai I haven't done Focus T25, but I have done Insanity. I can tell you Insanity is not for the faint of heart! There is a great site (that I go to daily!) where you can read reviews and discussions of home workout dvds. From the reviews I read, there didn't seem to be much excitment over Focus T25. However, if you're looking at a 30 minute format from BeachBody, the new P90X3 seems to be getting great reviews! If you think that is too intense for you, you should definitely check out 21 Day Fast Fix also by BeachBody. It seems to be getting awesome reviews as well and is a little less intense than P90X3. Here's the link to the site I'm referring to.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Collage video (an online source of exercise tapes and DVDs) is going out of business. Maybe I read that on this message board, but I checked it out and it seems to be true. Lots of marked down stuff. I bought exercise tapes from them years ago.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Collage video (an online source of exercise tapes and DVDs) is going out of business. Maybe I read that on this message board, but I checked it out and it seems to be true. Lots of marked down stuff. I bought exercise tapes from them years ago.
You did read that here on fitday....I posted it on our motivational thread Their stuff is selling out fast though so if you want anything, move quick!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thank you for your input and the link. I couldn't find what I was looking for on the site (I must not be looking in the right places), so I went to Amazon and started reading reviews from people who got T25. The majority of people gave it 4 and 5 stars. However, when I'm shopping I like to read what the negative commenters have to say. It seems that it is not unusual to have missing and damaged discs. Not good. Many people said it got boring because it was the same moves repeated over and over, and some people said there is a lot of hopping and jumping and is hard on the knees. I have problem knees, so that would not be good. I'm really glad I didn't buy this last night while I was up with insomnia at 3a.m. watching the infomercial.

I looked at some of the other programs you mentioned, but I think I'm going to go with 21 Day Fix. I like the fact that it has yoga, pilates, cardio, upper and lower. I've been wanting to do yoga and pilates, so this I think would be a great option for me to get everything in one DVD set.

On Amazon everyone said they love the products put out by Beach Body, which is good to hear. And this package is about 1/2 the price of T25. yay! I don't think I'll get much use out of the eating system. I'm going to stick with counting, weighing and measuring as that seems to be the one thing that works for me.

Thank you very much for the recommendation! I appreciate your input very much.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry if I misled you Jenai! The only place I know to buy BeachBody stuff is through their website, a BeachBody Coach or amazon.

I think the 21 Day Fix is a great program!! Have a look at the nutrition stuff that comes with it though! I've had a few friends that have had serious results with it!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

No, Debbie, you didn't mislead me. I was looking for reviews from people about 21 Day Fix but couldn't any on the link you gave me. And I only saw a couple for T25. That's when I went to Amazon to check out the reviews for T25. Then I went to BeachBody and ordered 21 Day Fix online. I wish it would come sooner than April! I'm really excited to try it. Although when I watched the video just now I saw that they were exercising with handweights. I don't have any of those. Guess I'll be hot gluing some twine to soup cans. I'm glad to hear you know people who have had great results with it. Gives me more confidence in my purchase. Thanks so much!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai - Here's a link to a check in where others are doing the 21 Day Fix if you're interested. Here's another link that describes the workouts. And if you don't want to wait to start working out at home, here's an awesome free site that has full length workouts and you can pick the workouts by difficulty, body focus, minutes, etc. It's a great resource!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for the links. I looked at the one where it lists the exercises in each video and I don't know what the majority of them are, but they sound scary! lol. I read that one in particular is killer on the knees, which is bad because my knees are pretty shot. Sooooo glad they have modifiers! Looking forward to getting it.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai! Did 21 Day Fast Fix come in yet? I'm curious to hear what you think of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.