FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Best exercises for shoulder and chest at home (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/10252-best-exercises-shoulder-chest-home.html)

nanobrien 10-23-2013 10:56 PM

Best exercises for shoulder and chest at home

Ok guys here I want to know what kind of exercises are best to build shoulders and chest muscles at home..? According to my experience dips and pushup both exercises are best..?
Any other suggestions do you guys have in your mind so pleases share with me that will be more beneficial for me..

joybu 10-24-2013 04:06 AM

Hi

If its at home, can you get more resistance into your exercises??, dips and pushups are fine but you really need to get some weights involved.

Shoulders are side/front raises/back rows - overhead press with some resistance/weight, and chest press/fly's with weight for the front to build size...

Plenty on the net to check but increase in weights slowly, good rest and eat right. Change your routine every so often and be consistant, I saw my best increase with deadlifts and overhead press routine so keeping it simple might be an idea if you can get the equipment..

Hope that helps.

01gt4.6 10-24-2013 12:41 PM

This may be a dumb question but why do you have an address and phone number in your signature?

angeladentist 12-19-2013 11:02 PM

Well, They are following types of exercise for shoulder and chest given below
Push up
Dips
Push-up different rotation
Incline flyer
One- arm ball press

mathenry 06-03-2014 05:58 PM

I found Plank Device online and using it i found my body was much more in tune with my health.

It is a stand up device that works for core without getting down on the floor. The Device has elastic tubing, elastic bands increasing muscle strength and muscle size and decrease body fat in a similar manner to free-weight training programs. Try it http://plank-360.com/images/index~~element191.jpg

davidnick 06-19-2014 04:43 PM

Best exercises for shoulders and chest at home

Here are the following types of shoulders and chest exercise:

Shoulder exercises

1) Dumbbell press
2) Straight arm side raise
3) Bent arm side raise
4) Front press
5) Front raise
6) Reverse flys
7) Inner rotations
8) Outer rotations
9) Dumbbell shrugs

Chest Exercises

1) Incline Push-Up
2) Seated Chest Press
3) Seated Chest Fly
4) Lateral Chest Fly

01gt4.6 06-20-2014 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by davidnick (Post 109278)
Here are the following types of shoulders and chest exercise:

Shoulder exercises

1) Dumbbell press
2) Straight arm side raise
3) Bent arm side raise
4) Front press
5) Front raise
6) Reverse flys
7) Inner rotations
8) Outer rotations
9) Dumbbell shrugs

Chest Exercises

1) Incline Push-Up
2) Seated Chest Press
3) Seated Chest Fly
4) Lateral Chest Fly

all good exercises.

davidnick 06-26-2014 09:16 PM

Best Biceps Exercise by fitness trainer David Kimmerle Biceps Exercise With David Kimmerle - YouTube Check out this video! Where he have explained what & how's of Biceps exercises.

jhonsmith 07-08-2014 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by joybu (Post 103346)
If its at home, can you get more resistance into your exercises??, dips and pushups are fine but you really need to get some weights involved.

Shoulders are side/front raises/back rows - overhead press with some resistance/weight, and chest press/fly's with weight for the front to build size...

Plenty on the net to check but increase in weights slowly, good rest and eat right. Change your routine every so often and be consistant, I saw my best increase with deadlifts and overhead press routine so keeping it simple might be an idea if you can get the equipment..

Hope that helps.

thanks its help full

JimmyJonny 09-18-2014 02:08 AM

Old thread but I wanna throw in the fact that training your rear delts is extremely important.

If not trained, you will develop a imbalanced. Most people have a imbalance but don't even know it, more so with people who don't lift. When your front delts are stronger it pulls your shoulders forward. This takes the ball & socket out of alignment which leads to many problems , and eventually surgery....... Ive had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder alone.

Train every part of them shoulders to keep it tight in place !!!!

Revers flys were mentioned, real good one. My other favorite is face pulls