Weight loss surgery diet plans? >

Weight loss surgery diet plans?

Community
Notices

Weight loss surgery diet plans?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Diana,
I had WLS in August 2005. I did great initially as well. I dropped from 350 to 190 in a year a half. I then started fertility treatments which caused me to start gaining the weight back. Now after having a 15 month old child I have seemed to gain a majority of the weight back. I have just started my new weightloss journey in the last two weeks and have lost 15 lbs. Keep up the good work. It is always a battle even if we have "a tool" in place to help us.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new to these boards too but welcome. If someone reacts negatively to your WLS, just consider the ignorant source. WLS is a tool...just like Jenny Craig, WW or any other method. Anyone who thinks WLS is taking the easy way out or that the person no longer has to do the work is obviously uninformed. Educate them or ignore them.

Hopefully you're still here and reading.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Rny oct 2010

Hello I just read your post and wanted to be sure to reply as I have also had gastric bypass. I am really soon out though. I had it done on October 25th 2010. I have been on fitday for a few years as well, but today decided to see if anyone else that uses it has had WLS. I can honestly say that this past month has been a tough one for me and food. I can really feel that I am able to eat stuff that I shouldn't be. I am only 4 months out and feel great about losing 71 lbs so far, but am terrified if I dont get my head hunger and emotional ties with food under control it will slow my weight loss or worse put me in a spiral to back where I came from. I would love to chat with you if you still are on this site or check it often. Thanks. Sarah
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wls

Originally Posted by stevecleveland
I had weight loss surgery 4 years ago and have some specific advice for you. Go back to the bariatric surgeon that did the surgery and ask for a referral for a dietitian with a speciality in bariatric surgery. Follow thise instructions. remember that it is not just something you do but something you keep doing. If it tastes good that does not mean you have to eat it.
Remember that a person does not qualify for WLS unless they are MORBIDLY obese. If you went through the trouble to have the surgery and lost the weight before get back on track and do it again.
I had bypass in 2000 was not morbidly obese, but came from a family of morbidly obese and didn't want to get there. I was 187, lost to 135 and am now 155. She was right, it's not a cure all, but gives you about 1 year to learn to eat right. I'm basically healthy now, but wouldn't mind losing 15-20 lbs or so. Just checking into this blog via the 4 hour body and food journal.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

you're smart for seeking it out now. wls isn't magic like i thought it would be but i'm still happy i had it done.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Banned

my BIL just had the Sleeve done a few wks ago....i guess that's a new procedure floating around now.