Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Gluten Free/Dairy Free.  Any others with food allergies trying to lose? >

Gluten Free/Dairy Free. Any others with food allergies trying to lose?

Notices

Gluten Free/Dairy Free. Any others with food allergies trying to lose?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Question Gluten Free/Dairy Free. Any others with food allergies trying to lose?

hi, everyone. I am trying to start on a gluten free/dairy free lifestyle. Is there anyone else out there with food allergies that is trying to lose weight? Any tips or suggestions? Things that have worked for you? I am an extremely picky eater and while some things are really easy to switch, others are kind of difficult.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default boost

I have a very slight gluten intolerance, but even though its slight i prefer to eat as little of it as possible.

I like to start everyday with a Nestle Boost drink since they are gluten and lactose free. They have a good balance of protein fat and carbs, are only 240 calories ,and they have a good deal of vitamins and minerals. And it tastes like chocolate milk!

They also have a high protein drink that is lower in carbs.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,
People facing the problem of Weight or allergies that causes through unprotected foods and Facing many types of problem like asthma, a topic dermatitis, or allergies to pollen, mold, or other substances.

When a person facing the problem of allergies at the end avoid some common foods like milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish.

To prevent himself try to use solid foods.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation

Tip..whether gluten free or not, if the ingredients are loaded with sugar substitutes and other 'scientific' type names, but even *('yeast extract' which is msg sounds so safe), you can bet these aren't good for you.
Try to eat 'wild caught', 'grass fed', organically grown food that isn't messed with .
I want to learn to cook like my granny .
Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Just started FitDay.

I highly recommend looking at Paleo Diet / Primal Blueprint. I've started recently (but I've done low carb before) and I've found it very easy to cut fat, even whilst maintaining muscle mass.

At the moment I'm cutting about 4kg fat (8.8 pounds). To do this, I'm keeping my carbs between 50-100g per day, protein at about 150-200g, and the rest of my calories come from fat (around 2000 cal total per day).

Check out link removed and watch Fat Head (film - a "response" to Supersize Me) for more info.

Edit: sorry, forgot to mention; the reason I suggested paleo/primal is because you 100% cut out gluten and a lot of people cut dairy too. Plenty of recipes cater to these specifications

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-14-2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Gluten free diet is very beneficial for those who have Coeliac disease or any type of gluten allergy. Even I am following shaperight gluten free diet and I find it very beneficial for weight loss
Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Celiac Girl here :)

I was diagnosed with celiac 3 years ago, and I've been a type 1 diabetic since I was 6 years old. I also only eat organic foods, and no rice(arsenic poisoning). I wont eat anything with heated oils in it(they become toxic). So my diet is REALLY picky!

I mainly eat organic raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. I have found these really great organic gluten free quinoa burgers(meat, soy, gluten, and dairy free). They are the sonoma burgers by Amys. I use Julian Bakery- Paleo bread, also gluten free. On top I use organic mustard made with Apple Cider Vinegar instead of grain vinegar, or Fat Free Black Bean dip by Oasis.
For snacking once in a while, I use the brand Way Better Snacks. There chips are really good, and use sprouted grains, also gluten free.

I also eat Eden Foods- Canned Beans - Organic - Bpa free lined cans.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Even I am allergic to gluten that why I am following shaperight gluten free diet. I find it very helpful in my weight loss.