Notices

Juice Feast Starting Today

Old 03-15-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Juice Feast Starting Today

Hi guys,

Forum noobie here. I've started a juice fast/feast today to clear up a sinus issue that I have. I have been about 50-60% raw since 2006 with many instances of 100% so I'm hoping I heal within a month of juicing. However, I'm willing to go as long as it takes. After the feast I hope to transition to and maintain an all raw diet.

This sinus issue would be a non issue if I stay all raw but I haven't been. The moment I start eating cooked foods my nose starts to clog up. Certain foods are worse than others with vegan foods being the least offenders.

I've suffered with clogged nostrils/breathing problems for decades and numerous visits to several doctors, and an operation for a deviated septum did not help. The only thing that helped was eating a raw food diet.

So after 7 years of flirting with a raw diet and enduring unnecessary pain and anguish when I have gone back to cooked I've finally decided to go all raw by starting with a juice cleanse.

I know it's not as simple as stating it, believe me, because I love cooked foods but I feel I've have come to a place in my life where I have accepted my fate with equanimity and only wants to move forward now.

Thanks for reading! Good luck everyone in your own endeavors.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

I hope that helps your sinus problems. There are so many good vegan cookbooks available today, it's not as restrictive as it sounds!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Kathy! I did try a cooked vegan diet for a year and while I had notable relief it still wasn't enough. It seems like eating anything cooked triggers a mucus producing reaction in me. The severity of the reaction depends on amount and type of food that I eat, and also the time that I eat. With a raw vegan diet I have observed no such reaction.

Yesterday I drank about 180oz. or 1.4gal of juices. Cabbage, celery, apple, orange, grapefruit, tomato and cantaloupe.

I'm already breathing a little better than I was on Friday. Also having detox symptoms. No workout yesterday. On to day two.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was more of the same. I drank a little over a gallon of juice. I feel good so far. Faint desire to eat solids, i.e.cooked foods, but the pain of decades of suffering is finally stronger than the pleasure of eating those things. Also, I don't let myself get too hungry before tapping up with juices again. That helps.

No exercise yesterday again. I actually exercise whenever I feel like it. There's no rhyme or reason.

I'm breathing a little better every day and I'm thinking 10-12 days might just be enough. But we'll see.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

5 days done and I'm making great progress. I'm going to juice until Sun 23. I figure by then I'll be about 3/4 way to my goal. I'll then do smoothies for 4-5 days and then start an all raw diet. The smoothies and the all raw diet should see me through to the end of my goal. I've started exercising to speed up my results- jogging 30 mins mornings and afternoons, and weights 2-3 times/wk.