Notices

Atkins Bars & Muffins

Old 04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Atkins Bars & Muffins

Just started the Atkins diet. Purchased some bars and on the package, it says 2 net carbs. On the back it says 17 total carbs.

When keeping track, do I use 2 or 17. If on induction, 17 is way to much for a snack.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Use 2 NC, but you may want to save the bars for further along in the program. Learn to eat the 12-14 Net Carbs from vegetables and fill in the rest with cheeses, cream, and other foods from the induction list.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

I started Atkins last week for the second time. It is best to not get into the habit of eating the snack bars in the first two weeks (phase 1). I thought about it but felt as though I was already trying to find some "cheats" to make the diet plan easier to follow. Phase 1 is only two weeks out of your life. Give it your best shot.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Modified Atkins Muffin in a Minute

Does anyone have a modfied recipe for the Atkins Muffin in a Minute? Atkins did not work for me because of the way too low carbs. I had real physical issues and have returned to a dietician ordered diet for my Diabetes. I, however, did love that muffin because of its easiness, taste, nutrition, and high fiber. I just have an issue w/the whole egg. Any suggestions for using egg substitute in the recipe?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

If the recipe calls for one egg (which I believe it does) just use two egg whites instead. Should work.

Good luck with your diabetes.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, bluejay77. I made the MIM in the bread pan so have them for the whole week. I am going to go w/the egg whites next week.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

CarbQuik and DiVinci mixed in basically even parts, then microwaved for about 1.5 to two minutes makes a great muffin bowl. Sometime I add a swirl of sugar free jelly as well. Adjust the consistency and cook time to get the texture you like best.