FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Green Smoothie Diet Started TODAY! ;) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/9120-green-smoothie-diet-started-today-%3B.html)

honeyred26 02-09-2013 01:06 PM

Green Smoothie Diet Started TODAY! ;)

Hi all,
I started my green smoothie diet today. I am 164.6 pounds and my goal weight is 144! Okay today has been rough and I am hungry! I have had 4 Smoothies and my head hurts. I have been urinating like crazy. I plan on doing this for 7 days and eating regular for 7 days. I may or may not do a round 2! I will post here daily for accountability. OMG!!! I have 20 pounds to lose. Sigh! I will keep you guys posted! Toodles!

honeyred26 02-10-2013 11:15 AM

Day 2!

Today I weighed in at 162.6

I lost two pounds!!! As miserable as day 1 was..I better had lost something! :)

No exercise today. I exercised yesterday and felt MISERABLE! I think not eating is strain enough on the body! I will workout for about 20 minutes tomorrow and every other day after that.

Today I have had 4 smoothies and will have one more before bed. I feel better and not really craving food and when I feel hungry... I drink a smoothie. I feel ok. It is just weird not eating any solid food. I do not think I will be doing this again.

SOME BACKGROUND...
So I'm still going strong. I had a baby in mid October 2012. I weighed 199 after delivery!!! My PP weight dropped and I ended up at 176. I did the fat smash diet and lost 14 pounds in about 3 weeks. It was an ok diet and then the scale no longer moved and start going up and down with my weight these last 3 weeks. I ranged from 162.4 to 166.6ish. Up and down and up and down. I just want to get to 140-144 and then can go up and down between those weights.

I want to lose AT LEAST 10 pounds doing this and then I need to switch it up. I may go back to the fat smash diet. I can not wait to eat again! OMG!

TO BE CONTINUED...TOMORROW!

honeyred26 02-11-2013 05:19 AM

Day 3!

Today's weight is: 161!

So far I have lost 3.6 pounds in barely 3 days. I can even see my waist shrinking. I have only had two smoothies today and it is noon. I feel OK. I have energy but I want to enjoy a meal. I'm hanging in there! NO EXERCISE TODAY!!! I just don't have enough energy for all of that. I will do this until Thursday which is Valentines day because me and hubby are going out. I refuse to drink a smoothie. I may resume on Friday. After this fast is over... I am getting a makeover from head to toe as a reward. I will stay active and eat MOSTLY healthy to try and keep the weight off. I realize that it is mostly water weight but if I keep up the exercise and a good diet.... I am sure I can keep it up. I have never done anything this CRAZY in my life. THIS IS NUTS YOU GUYS! I will finish it out and eat healthy and workout for now on.

See you guys tomorrow! :)

01gt4.6 02-11-2013 05:26 AM

That is an awesome loss in such a short period of time.

antoniopablo 02-11-2013 05:33 PM

woooh , drastic results ,,,,so for 3 days you lost 3 pounds !! very good !!
can you tell me instead of green smoothie is there any substitute for green smoothie !! plz mention !!

Meggietye 02-12-2013 02:29 AM

Well done, you sound well on your way. I drink 2 green drinks a day, sometimes 3. I incorporate a fat so I don't get a headache eg: 1/4 avacado per drink. Another trick I learned from food combining is to never eat starches and fats together..so eat a protein and veggies then if you want a starch just wait 3 hrs and have it then. I have lost 35 lbs this year doing exactly that! For more cool information just google, 'food combining'. Mixing starches and proteins/fats makes your bum/tummy fat!!

In December I bought a Nutri Bullet and it makes tough greens ( like kale for example ) into silk! clean up is a breeze when you just rinse the glass under the tap after using, super simple. It is my friend for life! I have 40 more lbs to lose this year and my Nutri Bullet is just making this really simple!

Cheers,

Nancy :)

honeyred26 02-13-2013 02:51 AM

Day 4 & 5

Hey Guys!

Sorry ...no post yesterday. It was a hectic day.

Well I woke up and weighed in at 160.0! That is a 4.6 pound loss in 4 days!
BUT THEN.....I ran out of ingredients! Lol hahaha! ;)

I couldn't get to the store and was STARVING! I didn't want to eat anything.
And at 4pm....I GAVE INTO SOME NACHOS!

I was STARVING!!! Then later I ate dinner which was a small plate of chicken and mash potatoes. Oh boy...I knew I was going to pay for that!

I heard that when you break a fast that you must break it slow because your metabolism is slowwwwwwwwww. My research says to only eat soup, fruits, and veggies the first day. The 2nd and 3rd day to eat fruits, veggies, nuts, and poultry. Only increase calories by 100 until you get up to your desired calories. Eat every 2-3 hours to speed up metabolism. Have one smoothie a day and one smoothie DAY preferable Mondays because most people eat unhealthy on the weekends. Oh, and of course...EXERCISE! That is the PROPER way to end a fast and not gain weight back BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED by me yet. BUT I will test it for you guys!

Oh anyway.....DAY 5

Weigh in 161.4!!!! (1.4 pound GAIN!)

That dang it chicken and nachos!!!! :)

Now I'm NERVOUS I will gain it all back once I say I'm done with smoothies. Hmmm... We shall see. Maybe my food just has not digested yet? So I went to the store last night and today I am back on my smoothie diet. I was thinking about doing 2 smoothies a day and just eat dinner as usual. I was loosing a half a pound a day like that but of course I was thinking if I do ALL smoothies...I will lose weight faster. The 2 smoothie a day was nice tho because i got to enjoy my meals and did not feel deprived AND I was not gaining any weight. Maybe its true....slow and steady wins the race! I will think of my plan. Maybe when I get down to 156 I will change back....maybe not! I don't know. Let me think on this because I love food and I love weight loss to. One minute on the lips...a lifetime on the hips. :)

My smoothies normally have 2 BIG handfuls of baby spinach, 5 blueberries, some pineapple, and a Yoplait yogurt (A TEENY BIT OF WATER AS WELL). I cut and freeze my fruit ahead of time so when I blend it...it is nice and cold and slushy. MMMMMmmmm :)

I mix different fruits but the smoothie above is my fav! I switch back and forth from baby spinach to the spring salad mix for variety. I also heard that too much of the same green is TOXIC.

Ok guys, sorry I wrote a book. I will be back tomorrow with my stats! Toodles!

honeyred26 02-13-2013 02:59 AM

Also...

A substitute for green smoothies? I guess just eat all the fruit and veggies you were going to blend together. :)

Has anyone done this and have tips for me? I do not want to gain all the weight back. I really think I should go back to eating my dinner with smoothies only twice a day.

Is anyone going to do this with me? Come on! Anybody? :)

honeyred26 02-13-2013 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meggietye (Post 95559)
Well done, you sound well on your way. I drink 2 green drinks a day, sometimes 3. I incorporate a fat so I don't get a headache eg: 1/4 avacado per drink. Another trick I learned from food combining is to never eat starches and fats together..so eat a protein and veggies then if you want a starch just wait 3 hrs and have it then. I have lost 35 lbs this year doing exactly that! For more cool information just google, 'food combining'. Mixing starches and proteins/fats makes your bum/tummy fat!!

In December I bought a Nutri Bullet and it makes tough greens ( like kale for example ) into silk! clean up is a breeze when you just rinse the glass under the tap after using, super simple. It is my friend for life! I have 40 more lbs to lose this year and my Nutri Bullet is just making this really simple!

Cheers,

Nancy :)

Thanks for this! How much do you weigh now? How often do you exercise? Do you know how many calories you are consuming everyday?

antoniopablo 02-13-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by honeyred26 (Post 95629)
A substitute for green smoothies? I guess just eat all the fruit and veggies you were going to blend together. :)

Has anyone done this and have tips for me? I do not want to gain all the weight back. I really think I should go back to eating my dinner with smoothies only twice a day.

Is anyone going to do this with me? Come on! Anybody? :)

Losing 4.6 lbs in 4 days is a great way By simply eating veggies and fruits !! i will try it for sure !!

Robingen 02-13-2013 11:09 PM

I have started incorporating green smoothies into my diet for health. I find it a great way to make sure I a getting my fruits and veggies (that's all I put in them no yogurt or anything). I find that they are ok to replace a snack or breakfast but not a meal- I get too hungry. My average green smoothie has about 150 cals. I suppose I could lose weight faster if I only had those but then I would feel deprived and sure as anything I would fall off the wagon. I definitely recommend a slow steady approach to your weight loss.

Seachel8 03-06-2013 11:10 PM

Keep trying different combinations

I did a similar thing that you did. I went hardcore into a smoothie routine and found I felt puny and hungry. What has worked really well for me is beefing up my smoothies with nuts, oats, or other filling (and nutritious) ingredients and eating it at the right time of the day.

I am always STARVING in the morning, so I wake up and immediately have toast with peanut butter. After a few hours, I make a large, very packed smoothie and have that as my mid morning 'meal'. Lunch is a moderate, balanced meal and dinner is small. I also have plenty of snacks. I probably eat every hour or hour and a half.

I put tons of stuff in my smoothie recipes, so I'm not cutting out any essential food groups. It helps to have a great blender that cuts it down quickly and is simple to clean.

Meggietye 03-09-2013 06:30 AM

I make sure protein and fats are in every smoothie to keep me satiated..I have 3 smoothies a day and am never hungry. I do 30 min of aerobics 5days a week, sometimes 6. I don't count calories. I have lost 35 lbs in 10 months and have never felt fitter or stronger/happier :)

whyme7 03-12-2013 06:27 AM

When I make a green fruit smoothie (a few times a week, but really should be more often as a breakfast) I add chia or flax seeds, lots of baby spinach or spring mix, 1/4 to 1/2 avocado (really makes it creamy), banana, orange, and 2 other types of fruit (blueberries, peaches, strawberries, etc). I buy some of my fruit frozen and just toss it right in. I pack a lot in and usually fulfill my daily fruit quota with the smoothie.
I either use a little water or almond milk.

It makes a ton so I space it out throughout the day. I have even left some for the next morning and it seemed to keep well overnight. I wouldn't recommend longer than that.

My boyfriend likes to add D-Ribose for an energy kick.

Annawoodford 04-10-2013 12:05 AM

That's simply amazing.... :) good luck

dream44 04-28-2013 03:20 PM

Green Smoothie for me

I've read some of the posts and it looks like the smoothies are working for people. I'm going to try it. My plan is 3-4 a day plus one meal of lean protein and veggies. ;) Would love to hear from people who can encourage me to keep it up. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Sick of carbs and sugar running my life.

dream44 04-30-2013 04:50 AM

Green Smoothie for me

I just started on and am down 3 pounds in 3 days. Just doing the smoothies with protein powder is keeping me free of cravings which is amazing and I'm not hungry so far. I eat a lean protein and salad or fruit for dinner. Loving it!

Thanks for all your posts. ;)

jaseli24 05-01-2013 02:38 AM

Hi. Ive been drinking green smoothies for sometime now, but I do not know if Im doing something wrong. I am not dropping weight. I also workout 45 min to an hour a day.
Smoothies do keep me full and I have a great tool - NutiBullet which helps, but I've come to a plateu since I turned 37 :( Help!

anneyauster 06-12-2013 10:29 PM

Green smoothies are all the rage these days with many people consuming them every day or at least several times a week in an attempt to get healthy and “alkalize” the body. There are usually several people in gym clothes lined up to order a green smoothie to sip after their workout. Green smoothies are made by blending large amounts of raw leafy green vegetables with fruit to soften and sweeten the taste. Typical vegetables included in green smoothies are kale, spinach, swiss chard, collard greens, celery, broccoli, and parsley.

MzMiNi 06-14-2013 08:00 AM

I love raw green smoothies. I drink them everyday. I also drink raw fruit smoothies with my nuts and seeds. I'm a vegan so this is apart of my food and nutrients everyday!:D

anneyauster 06-19-2013 10:58 PM

Green smoothie diet play an important role to maintain healthy body weight and digestive system. Its healthy and helps to weight loss.

danteemma 07-01-2014 05:05 PM

Loving These Smoothies

I too started with green smoothies 2 weeks ago. I make mine 1/2 green and 1/2 fruit with either flax seed or hemp seed. I usually add silky tofu for the protein or about 1/2 c. low fat vanilla yogurt. I have one for breakfast and one for lunch. I have a small dinner. I am not having any hunger problems. I feel amazing and looked in the mirror yesterday and noticed the dark circles under my eyes had greatly diminished. I did read recently that you need to be careful what you are adding to your smoothies. A nutritionist broke down a recipe he had found online and it contained almost 2000 calories, due to add ins. Good luck all.

P.S. This is the 1st time I ever posted anything, I hope I did it right. lol

Hanna_S 07-09-2014 06:34 PM

Let me too try

naeemahmed8566 07-09-2014 11:54 PM

Weight Loss Tips

--Drink more water--
--Increase your protein intake--
--Eat Negative calorie food --
--Eat slowly--
--Cut down the sugar intake---
--Do not skip meals--
--Eat breakfast everyday --
--Eat smaller, more frequent meals--
--Exercise(Aerobics and Strength Training)
--Interval Training - great way to boost metabolism--
--Replace white rice, bread, and pasta with brown rice and whole-grain products--
If you want to see any results, you must have a plan of action. So sit down and figure out exactly what you need to do to get in shape and lose that weight.:)

loriemclain 01-23-2017 04:01 PM

Lost 20lbs with Smoothies

Hey guys just wanted to share this with everyone. I use to take green smoothies but I found this more effective recipe for smoothies that helped me lose about 20lbs. If anyones interested check it out The Smoothie Diet - Smoothies For Weight Loss And Incredible Health I've tried a blend of berries and fruits and it really helped me cut down the calories and my food cravings. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about this, too. Wishing everyone the best of luck on their weight loss journey:)

ormaman333 02-07-2017 06:42 PM

how are you going? stay focused.

Nina_Calusim 07-18-2017 04:24 PM

Extracting Fruit and Vegetable is Good for the Health?

Extracting a fruit and vegetable has many benefits to us. We get so much nutrition and vitamins in it, as for my personal experience I've been juicing and blending smoothies for years now. Since I was a kid I am not really a fan of fruits and vegetable. My mom would always tell me that eating fruits and vegetable is good for my health and will keep me away from the doctors and the hospitals. Growing up I realized that eating those is not bad at all, I started to get some ideas on how to eat or preferably drink it with comfort on my behalf, and then I do research I read articles and blogs and then I found this site that is full of recipes on how to make or blend fruits and vegetable and make it into an appetizing and delicious juice, purees or smoothies. From there I started collecting different smoothie recipes as long as it is good for my health. I also love experimenting on different mix of fruits and vegetable. Blending is one way of extracting. It helps us to be energized and it cleanse our body. And I also want to recommend this site which may help you in making and extracting your favorite smoothies.
bestblenderusa.com/ninja-blender-review

TheresaNeth 09-25-2017 06:23 PM

Great.

Thaigirl113 10-22-2017 08:18 AM

Thats pretty much all I drink with a few proteins bars a week. I feel amazing and full of energy Love Smoothies