Notices

Green Smoothie Diet Started TODAY! ;)

Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

I have started incorporating green smoothies into my diet for health. I find it a great way to make sure I a getting my fruits and veggies (that's all I put in them no yogurt or anything). I find that they are ok to replace a snack or breakfast but not a meal- I get too hungry. My average green smoothie has about 150 cals. I suppose I could lose weight faster if I only had those but then I would feel deprived and sure as anything I would fall off the wagon. I definitely recommend a slow steady approach to your weight loss.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Keep trying different combinations

I did a similar thing that you did. I went hardcore into a smoothie routine and found I felt puny and hungry. What has worked really well for me is beefing up my smoothies with nuts, oats, or other filling (and nutritious) ingredients and eating it at the right time of the day.

I am always STARVING in the morning, so I wake up and immediately have toast with peanut butter. After a few hours, I make a large, very packed smoothie and have that as my mid morning 'meal'. Lunch is a moderate, balanced meal and dinner is small. I also have plenty of snacks. I probably eat every hour or hour and a half.

I put tons of stuff in my smoothie recipes, so I'm not cutting out any essential food groups. It helps to have a great blender that cuts it down quickly and is simple to clean.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 03-31-2013 at 07:09 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I make sure protein and fats are in every smoothie to keep me satiated..I have 3 smoothies a day and am never hungry. I do 30 min of aerobics 5days a week, sometimes 6. I don't count calories. I have lost 35 lbs in 10 months and have never felt fitter or stronger/happier
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

When I make a green fruit smoothie (a few times a week, but really should be more often as a breakfast) I add chia or flax seeds, lots of baby spinach or spring mix, 1/4 to 1/2 avocado (really makes it creamy), banana, orange, and 2 other types of fruit (blueberries, peaches, strawberries, etc). I buy some of my fruit frozen and just toss it right in. I pack a lot in and usually fulfill my daily fruit quota with the smoothie.
I either use a little water or almond milk.

It makes a ton so I space it out throughout the day. I have even left some for the next morning and it seemed to keep well overnight. I wouldn't recommend longer than that.

My boyfriend likes to add D-Ribose for an energy kick.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Banned

That's simply amazing.... good luck
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Green Smoothie for me

I've read some of the posts and it looks like the smoothies are working for people. I'm going to try it. My plan is 3-4 a day plus one meal of lean protein and veggies. Would love to hear from people who can encourage me to keep it up. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Sick of carbs and sugar running my life.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Green Smoothie for me

I just started on and am down 3 pounds in 3 days. Just doing the smoothies with protein powder is keeping me free of cravings which is amazing and I'm not hungry so far. I eat a lean protein and salad or fruit for dinner. Loving it!

Thanks for all your posts.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. Ive been drinking green smoothies for sometime now, but I do not know if Im doing something wrong. I am not dropping weight. I also workout 45 min to an hour a day.
Smoothies do keep me full and I have a great tool - NutiBullet which helps, but I've come to a plateu since I turned 37 Help!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Green smoothies are all the rage these days with many people consuming them every day or at least several times a week in an attempt to get healthy and “alkalize” the body. There are usually several people in gym clothes lined up to order a green smoothie to sip after their workout. Green smoothies are made by blending large amounts of raw leafy green vegetables with fruit to soften and sweeten the taste. Typical vegetables included in green smoothies are kale, spinach, swiss chard, collard greens, celery, broccoli, and parsley.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

I love raw green smoothies. I drink them everyday. I also drink raw fruit smoothies with my nuts and seeds. I'm a vegan so this is apart of my food and nutrients everyday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.