Notices

7 Days on the master cleanse...my journey

Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Days on the master cleanse...my journey

so ive decided to go on the master cleanse also known as the lemon detox diet. i will be following the book by Stanley Burroughs "The Master Cleanse".

I have read through the book prior starting and will continue to read it over the next 7 days for motivation. This is my 3rd time doing the detox but i have always capped it at 5 days with 3 days recovery on orange juice followed by 5 days raw food only (fruit and veg)...it is really important to be realistic about the time you commit to the program because essentially i will be on a strict plan for the next 15 days. And then i must create a lifestyle change for myself otherwise i loose all the benefits i have gained.

i will keep you all updated on my progress... i will not be weighing myself prior the detox or during... i will be concentrating on the way i feel..i find that one becomes obsessed with the idea of weight loss otherwise. The energy used on thinking about how much i am loosing everyday should be better utilised thinking about the reasons why i have allowed myself to fall back into craving foods that have no nutritional value for me...and the changes i intend on making post the cleanse to a healthier more food conscious me.

such an extreme plan where one cuts out solid food from their diet should be thought out and researched properly. For those who say that it is a stupid diet and bad for your health... i say... from a diet of pancakes, burgers, pizza and fast food... you cannot convince me that the lemon detox diet is worst for ones health than the prior...it is relative!

My expectations coming of this plan is to have a cleansed palette...i will train my body to crave good wholesome nutritious food.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck and stay strong. I've known people that have do the master cleanse with great success.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

khadijanile, I am curious on how your cleanse went. Did you succeed? How are you feeling? What is next for you?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Me too - how did it go?