Green Smoothie Fast/Cleanse >

Green Smoothie Fast/Cleanse

Community
Notices

Green Smoothie Fast/Cleanse

Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 10, down another 1.5 lbs!

Such a FACE! Lucy is such a cutie! How old is she? She looks like she's almost 2. My boys are black labs and are beyond excited right now because they're going pheasant hunting tomorrow! They've been watching my husband load the motor home and putz with his shot guns and ammo and they just know they're going hunting!

Well, I'm happy to say I am down another 1.5 lbs. Official weigh-in: 173.5
I got frustrated today because I realize how far I've got to go. I've been putting this off for FAR too long! SIGH. I'll be on this fast/cleanse until Christmas at least!

But at least I'll be lookin' good for the Christmas parties!!!
That's a promise I am making to myself here and now!

This time I will not let my success scare me off!

I will not stop dieting as soon as someone notices I am losing weight. Why do I do that?!

THIS TIME, I will embrace my success!

I will gain strength from my success!

I will NOT give myself a break!

I will NOT cheat when no one else is looking!

I WILL succeed! Once and for all!

(WOW! Where did that come from?)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 11, no change

So no change in my weight to day, but I have to say I feel like I am looking better.

I had lunch with a friend today and as I was getting ready, I noticed that I just looked better. My hair is a little more glossy, my skin is healthier looking. The puffiness around my eyes is pretty much gone and my cheeks and mouth area look - well better. Not that I had jowls or saggy skin or anything but I just looked - haggered. Today when I was putting on my makeup I began to see some of that old self coming back. I know I've only lost like 7 lbs. so far but I can't help but notice I look better already. Also, I noticed my tops are fitting better - my waistline looks smoother. I know I have a loooooong way to go but at least I'm finally heading in the right direction.

So today I met a friend for lunch and in the back of my mind I was thinking I was going to blow it and eat something I shouldn't and then spiral downward into that whole, "well I already had this, so I might as well have some of that..."

Well happily that didn't happen. We went to a buffet and I had a smallish salad, skipped the croutons and fatty salad dressings and when we went to get some soup, nothing looked good. Even the breads and pasta dishes didn't look appetizing. I got a small bowl of clam chowder and some cornbread but took one bite of the soup and pushed it away. I didn't even touch the cornbread which is a huge surprise because I am usually a BIG carb-craver and pig out on stuff like corn bread.

So a small victory for me. I didn't cave-in. Wasn't even tempted to eat anything other than veggies. None of the desserts were tempting. Not even the cookies or brownies. Whew!

I will say tho' that now that I have some food in my tummy, even just veggies from the salad, I'm hungry and want more. I will stick with the GSs tho' and not start eating again because I know I'm not ready. Not anywhere NEAR ready. It's way too soon and I know that if I start eating now I will fall right back into my old eating habits.

I need about another two months of GSs to get the bulk of this weight off and get rid of my cravings. It's working and I feel good so I'm just going to keep on keepin' on.

Because, even tho' my body didn't want any of that stuff today, my mind did. All morning I was thinking about how I would probably blow it and have to start all over on Monday - see I was even setting myself up for an entire weekend of over-indulging just based on a simple lunch date with an old friend. That's just not normal.

Thankfully, my subconscious won the battle today, but the scale will probably not move down in the morning. That's alright. It will keep going down, if not tomorrow then the next day and again the next.

Wow, anyone reading this probably thinks I'm a loon! Hopefully, anyone reading this can relate to what I went through today and will maybe decide that there just might be something to these GS's afterall. I can't deny they are working for me. I did not blow it today. Yay me!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Inspirational !

Hi there Californiaprettypat ~ just wanted to say a very quick congratulations and hope youre having another great day.
Keeping this first reply short and sweet as its very early hours here and i need to get a few hours sleep before my 3year old wakes in a few hours ! Ive not been able to sleep and came across this great site ! You are doing so well ! Id love to find out more about these smoothies of yours and start on this amazing cleansing/nutritional journey to. ( I know smoothies are no new thing but this sounds like a different level i need to try. ) Also - coincidently ! - ive a black lab to ! - must be something drawing us all together !

Will be back soon !
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 12, down a pound!

Official weigh-in: 172.4

Wow! 541 views! I'm flattered that so many are following my journey. Thank you, UKSue, for your comments. It is so nice to hear from you!

This whole journey started with a scary number showing up on the scale, a bloated face looking at me from the mirror and an email I received about a nutritional program by Dr. Furhman. The email had a link to a video which was very interesting. I did not purchase the program the video was selling but I did google more D. Fuhrman videos - he has a ton of them! Then, coincidentally, I caught a few minutes of Dr. Furhman on PBS and decided to get his book, Eat to Live. I found it on Amazon for $1.00 and received it within 2 days. Meanwhile I also began to watch those Saturday morning infomercials about the green smoothies and the super-blenders. Montel Williams has one which is very inspirational. I also saw one for the NutriBullet and the Ninja. By this time I had been reading Dr. Fuhrman's book and decided I needed to do something and these Green Smoothies seemed like a good idea.

I had lost weight on the MasterCleanse fast a few years ago but it was VERY difficult to go without anything at all and the MC lemonade was not fulfilling. I was always hungry and miserable. BUT I lost like 20 lbs. in less than three weeks and then felt so healthy after that.

Back to the present, I decided to try a GS fast/cleanse. I googled and googled and googled. Read everything I could and then bought my Ninja and made my first Green Smoothie. That was the day of my first post here on this FitDay forum. Now 12 days later I am feeling good, looking better, and am down 7.5 lbs. Not as fast as the MasterCleanse, but much more do-able as the GS really fill me up and I am not hungry at all! I couldn't stay on the MasterCleanse for any length of time because I was just too hungry and weak, but I know I can do this for as long as I need to! The GSs are yummy and filling and satisfying. I snack on fruit such as berries, apples, or bananas as needed and feel fine. Not weak, not freezing cold all the time like I was on the MasterCleanse, not hungry, not obsessing about food.

Okay, sorry for the long boring post. I just really want this to motivate others to do it because it is so much easier than I thought it would be and I feel like my life is moving in a positive direction. So please, google some Dr. Fuhrman videos or watch some infomercials about the benefits of GreenSmoothies and then try one for yourself!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default counting calories

I assume you aren't counting calories
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 13, up 1 lb.

It's day 13 and my official weigh in is 173.4, up a pound from yesterday.
I did give in last night and had a small plate of red potatoes with some spray butter but that shouldn't have added a full pound to my weight - no I did not eat a pound of potatoes!

Anyway, I won't be eating anymore! See, having that salad on Friday made me HUNGRY!

DietAde200, according to my FitDay food diary, the following GS has about 270 yummy and nutritious calories:

1 medium banana,
1/2 cup of blueberries,
1/2 cup of strawberries,
1/2 cup of kale,
1/2 cup of spinach,
1 medium apple
1/2 medium zucchini

I don't actually measure anything but I figure a handful is approximately 1/2 of a cup. The above GS is pretty-much spot-on to my average smoothie. I mix it up a bit and add some mango sometimes and maybe some celery but otherwise the above GS is pretty standard fare.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I had hoped to be at 170 which would be a solid 10 lb. loss, with an average 5 lbs. per week loss. Looks like I'm not gonna be at 170 tomorrow unless I lose 3.5 lbs. overnight which ain't gonna happen. I'm still happy with my weight loss. Guess I need to actually exercise! Despite how great I felt, I only went walking that one time last week. I worked almost every day and was too pooped in the evenings but this week I'm only working Wed, Thurs, and Fri. so far so I'm gonna go hit the trails right now and then again Mon and Tues morning. I need to try to walk in the evenings when I'm working but I am on my feet every second of the day when I work and just need to rest in the evenings. Literally, the only time I sit down when I'm working is when I take a potty break!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi again CPP - Thank you for enlightening me - i am going to find out more about Dr Fuhrman and see if i can find his book.
Can i just ask - do you blend all those ingredients together as they are ? or do you use a juicer first for maybe the spinach, apple and kale ? im thinking it sounds like they all go in the smoothie maker and thats it - which sounds great and much less hastle. I just have a regular smoothie maker - nothing turbo or blasting ! Ive not got too much weight to lose but so want to feel healthier and less sluggish !
Hope you had good results on your scales today, you sound like you are feeling great in yourself which must give you so much motivation in itself. Have a great day !
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default 10 Day Smoothie Fast

I am going to go and get my Ninja system in the next few days and I want to do a smoothie fast for 10 days.

You are going excellent. I am on a serious budget and I need to make sure I get the best nutrition with the best weight loss outcome.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 15, down 4/10 of a pound

Well I did not post yesterday because there was no change in my weight and I was a little discouraged. I wanted something warm to "eat" and so I've been having some vegetable broth which I discovered last night has quite a bit of sodium in it which is probably why I gained a little water weight.

Today I am down that 4/10 of a pound but still up from the other day. Today's weigh in: 173 (I REALLY wanted to be at 169 by today!) It's my own fault for having the broth ...

I also decided that I am probably having too much fruit which may be why I am not losing a little faster. I am having around 3 bananas a day plus apples, pears, mangos, etc. Probably too much sugar, so beginning today I am going to cut down on the fruits and only put berries in my smoothies in addition to the veggies, to see if that makes a difference in my weight loss. I know I should be happy with a 7 lb. weight loss in 14 days, that's 1/5 pound a day for goodness sakes! BUT I just can't stand being so heavy! I hated myself at 163 a year ago and was desperate to lose weight then, now here I am 10 lbs. heavier! UGH!

Hi Lala and UKSue, so happy to meet you on this thread and very glad to hear you are joining me on this journey! You may have read that I started with a Ninja and switched to the NutriBullet and am MUCH happier with my smoothies! The NutriBullet, is faster, quieter, and makes the smoothies much SMOOTHER! They are the same price at my Target (less than $100), so if you have the option - get the NutriBullet, you won't be sorry! Please post your progress right here on this thread for me and everyone else to follow. By the HUGE number of people viewing this thread I know everyone else would love to follow your progress along with mine.
Also, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE logging on and seeing that someone else has posted a message, it's exciting to know other people are out there and care enough to post and even better - to join me!

I still feel great and am going to hit the trails in about 10 minutes. By the way, despite what the FitDay timer says, it is 8:29 a.m., California time as I post this message, not 4:29 p.m..

Good luck and have a great day!

Last edited by californiaprettypat; 11-13-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: correction
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 15 update

Okay, a quick update. I've discovered that I CANNOT skip the fruit in my morning GS, at least not if I want to exercise afterward! I made my GS with only veggies and berries (to which I had to add a stevia to sweeten). I had absolutely NO ENERGY for my walk and barely got thru 2 miles. Not only was I sluggish and tired but I did not get my normal kick at the 1.5 mile point like I always do! I struggled to get back to my bench where my water is, which is my start/end point of my mile long loop. Needless to say I came right home and had a banana! So I will have fruit in my morning GS only...

Also, I re-measured my veggies as I made my GS and my handful of greens is more like 1.5 to 2 cups each (loosely packed) rather than 1/2 cup as I originally thought.

Okay, have fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.