Notices

Green Smoothie Fast/Cleanse

Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default green Smoothie Fast, Me Too...

Hey Californiaprettypat, First you're doing awesome! You have to do what works for you...it's different for everyone..there is no right or wrong we experiment then do what's best for us. For me it's about rebooting....weight loss is a by product..a good one, but a by product...it's about getting healthy. My deal is being satiated..so I don't count how many smoothies i drink ... i drink a lot and try not to get hungry. I also mistake being hungry for being dehydrated sometimes, so I have to make sure i drink water as well. Then I have built in exercise..I own a lab...so thats like 3 miles a day of walking to keep her from eating the couch. I also cut off the TV..too many commercials about eating...a shock to the kids for the first couple of days but now they could care less..My smoothies start with 1 to 2 cups cold water in the blender..then I stuff it full i mean full of spinach..then blend..then stuff it full of kale..blend...thats my base..then if its morning i add lots of fruits..apples, blueberries, mango, oranges...do be stingy shove them in... then from lunch on I stick to veggies..tomato, cucumber, celery, carrots, and sweeten with a banana or raw honey... now i just started adding chia seeds and flax seeds for a little more protein.. but thats it. I don't deviate from GS..no solids for me. Maybe your not drinking enough...One smoothies has probably 180 cals so if you're only drinking 4 thats only 720 to 820 cals a day...not good...drink more. Good Luck! and i'll keep up on here..
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 7, down half a pound

Today's weigh in: 175.5, BUT I no longer trust my scale! It is digital and when I first got on it, it said I had gained 2 lbs., so I stepped off and then back on and it said I am down half a pound, off and back on again and I am down a full pound. So I guess I'm buying a new scale! I'm going to take the half pound loss but now I really don't know ...

Been sharing my GSs with my hubby and boys (12 & 15) - they are each having some here and there and while they don't "like" it they always want a taste and end up having 6-8 ozs. while exclaiming how "not bad" it is!

Thanks, EP, for your advise and for posting on this thread. Your posts really make it interesting! I don't put kale in my GSs. I start with spinach and romaine hearts-of-lettuce. Then, like you I add fruit (mangoes, berries, banana, apple), I also usually throw in a cucumber and some celery.

I am drinking only 2 or 3 smoothies per day, some are 32 ozs., some are 60 ozs. and some are 10 ozs. just depends on how they come out! Maybe I'm just not having enough, but I'm just not hungry enough to have more. Realistically, I'm probably having 500 - 600 cals. per day. Bet that's why I'm sleepy!

Speaking of which, it's 7:30 in the evening and I'm already starting to get sleepy - I am needing so much sleep - maybe I am releasing toxins or something, in addition to not having enough calories. I feel good otherwise. Find myself feeling more light-hearted and care-free - healthier - I'm laughing more often and more easily and just feel good. Not that I'm normally crabby, but I just feel ... good! Maybe it's all the sleep I'm getting!!!

I plan to start race-walking again tomorrow (I used to race-walk 5-6 miles a day when I was a young, hot mama!). I don't have to go in til 11:00 tomorrow so it will be a perfect day to start: Take the kids to school, hit the park-trails for a bit, then shower and head to work. I'm on my feet all day when I'm working (I'm a substitute school-teacher about 3 days a week) - literally don't sit down for a minute all day! But when I'm home I'm on my butt all day - usually in front of the computer. So tomorrow that's gonna change - 3 fast miles every other day working up to 5 or 6 miles. Can't wait!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

YEAH CPP!!! The walking will be awesome...but remember you will probably need to increase your intake of GS...you don't want your body to think it's starving and slow that metabolism down which is what it sounds like you want it to think it's full and burn like crazy...see if you can blend in more stuff to raise the cal count thats what I do...then when you exercise you will be shocked at the changes...but you have to mix it up... the body is very proficient and adapts very well if you walk the same pace and mileage every day it will get very comfortable at doing that pace and distance...so mix it up, maybe find a building and climb stairs one day.. walk one day.. swim one day etc... here's a little background on me..when I turned 40 my wife made me go get a physical..I'm friends with my doc...he basically didn't sugar coat anything and told me well you're morbidly obese and you'll probably die by 50...well dumb founded I called my best friend and he basically said "get off your ass and do something!" So I made the decision then and there to change, reboot. I was 287lbs and not healthy. Well i jumped on the Master C for 30 days..then walking, then running, then biking, then swimming when I decided I wanted to do an Ironman...before my 41 birthday...well long short I lost 120lbs and did the Ironman and the following years 4 more and various marathons and other races..Now at 46 having had an injury mountain biking followed by pneumonia Thanksgiving, Christmas...and trying to justify that i've been injured thats why I've gained weight. I've gained 50lbs of unwanted weight. So now is the time to REBOOT for me.. So I have been there do that and made excuses to myself but I really have to be hard on myself or I will stray from the path. While cooking dinner for the family I wanted a slice of pizza in a terrible way but I stayed strong...WIN for me! I feel good day 6....sorry for the manifesto..
Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 7! No change? STUPID scale!

YEEAAAHHH! I FEEL AWESOME! OMG I haven't felt this good in years! I woke up feeling excited knowing I was going to start my walking today and had an awesome 32 oz. smoothie to get me going (I made coffee but only had one cup and switched to my smoothie which is cool cuz it usually takes me a whole pot in the mornings!). Anyway my walk was wonderful. Out in nature, listening to my fav. dance jams interspersed with some positive affirmations I downloaded, the weather is perfect - my body EASILY fell into my old rhythem - it just remembered what to do even tho' it's been 5 years since I race-walked! My pace was admittidly slower but I felt so good out there! As usual, the first 1.5 mile almost killed me but THEN I got my old kick and easily cruized another 2 miles and could have gone more if the clock wasn't ticking!

Thanks EP for the reminder to switch it up! I have LOTS of variations in my trails and some have killer hills. I also have some kettle-bell work-out videos that I will break out once I get my stamina built up a bit. My muscles remember what to do but my lungs don't! I was wheezing and everything when I stopped but felt sooo good!

Okay, my STUPID scale says I'm up 2 lbs. which is physcially impossible given that I am only drinking GSs. I did splurge last night and had about a cup of mixed berries but other than that I had 3 GSs and a banana all day. Maybe the fruit sugar is messing with my metabolism? Too much insulin coursing through my veins from all that fruit - IDK. Or maybe my scale is just STUPID! I plan on stopping at Target this afternoon and buying a new one at any rate.

Thanks, EP, also for such a wonderfully interesting manifesto! It really helps me to know I'm not alone and you have to admit - there is something so liberating about posting the details of our progress and of your triumph over pizza! And so far there are over 260 views to this thread so I know there are others out there silently cheering us on as well and maybe even thinking about joining us! So EP, you were up 50 and now down by 10+ - not bad! I figured by your rapid weight-loss that you were either a man or a girl in her 20s! If my weight loss doesn't pick up soon I may switch to some MC lemonade for a couple of days (or weeks) - I know I'm losing because my rings are almost falling off of my fingers, my face is significantly slimmer, and my shoes aren't so tight anymore. Been in sweats all weekend so I won't know about my clothes til later but I know I'm losing regardless of what my STUPID scale reads! And I feel so energized and alive again! Wow! I guess I didn't realize what a slump I'd gotten into until now. I didn't realize I was feeling so awful until now that I feel good again (did that even make sense?)!

Anyway, gotta hit the shower and get ready for work. I'm subbing at a school I've never worked at before so it should be interesting - hopefully I can drum up some more work, competition for teaching jobs is FIERCE here in Southern California thanks to all of the teacher lay-offs.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

GO CPP! Powerwalking is the way to go!...How was it?...Day 7 here... ran 4 miles with the dog today felt great. down 14lbs am gonna go 2 more days then gonna add a salad no dressing for lunch and do this for a few days...and transition to a RAW/VEGAN diet...no oils, dairy, meat, wheat...and try to rock that for a while... so far I feel great and will be ramping up the exercise 10% every couple of days until I can put in 1.5 hours a day...that's me time that I need to set aside for me...It's easy to fall off so I have to stay on it...How are you?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Day 8

WOO HOOQ! 328 VIEWS! I would LOVE to hear from some of you following this thread. Input, encouragement, comments, questions, whatever - I'd love to hear from ya! not that you're not wonderfully interesting EP, I would just like to hear from more. Your salad sounds yummy - I saw some sugar free, oil free, gluten free, and everything else free salad dressing at Sprouts today that I will buy some day when I decide to eat again. Have you read Eat to Live, by Dr. Fuhrman? That book and his vids on youtube are my inspiration.

Well I have a new scale so today's official NEW weight is 175. That's down 5 lbs. in a week, which is OKAY by me! At this rate, if it keeps steady, I can look forward to a 20 lb. per month loss. I'm still eating one or two snacks per day of just plain fruit - primarily berries and/or a banana in addition to my 3 or 4 GS's a day. I have NO CRAVINGS! and I'm not hungry at all! AMAZING!!!

Not feeling as wonderful as yesterday. Back aches BAD today and I am peeing every 10 minutes. Just couldn't bring myself to hit the trails this morning but I will try to go tonight while my family is eating my AWESOME chili, which I probably won't be able to resist otherwise!

Also very sleepy and since I'm off today and my errands are done I'm seriously thinking about taking a nap! Went to bed at 8:30 last night but tossed and turned a lot for some reason - didn't feel like I actually fell into a deep sleep. My legs were achy ...

Had to return the Ninja Pro today because it began to smell like something was burning inside (plastic? rubber?) after only a week. I traded it for the NutriBlast at Target for the same price. The NutriBlast is only 600 watts where the Ninja Pro is 1000, but the NutriBlast got better reviews across the internet when I researched it last night so I thought I'd give it a "whirl."
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job on the 5 pounds in a week!

Are you measuring everything so you know how to duplicate your favorite ones, or are you following a recipe?

Also, keep up updated on how the new blender compares.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

CPP, How's the new blender? Had a good run with the dog who guilted me into going faster and further than i wanted...dang dog. I mixed a great morning smoothie with kale, oranges, apples, a mango and some blueberries...exactly what I needed...energy if good...i didn't make it through the election craziness last night to tired when to bed early.. may have missed the mark on the afternoon and evening smoothies as I started getting tired around 6pm...maybe this stupid daylight savings crap as well...anyway forward...and no I'm not a 20 yr old...i'm 46
Old 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 9

Hey there!

Forgot to weigh-in this morning so I'll just say no change.

I love, Love, LOVE my new NutriBullet! It is quieter, WAAAAAY faster, and the smoothies are WAAAAAAAYYYYY SMOOOTHER! surprising that a smaller motor and fewer blades could do a superior job but the NutriBullet blows the Ninja Pro outta the water! I HIGHLY recommend it if anyone is in the market for a smoothie blender and you don't know which to buy. I found the NutriBullet at Target for around $90.

I am not following any recipes nor writing down my own, thanks for asking, Mike. The only down-side to the NutriBullet is that the container is smaller. I'm using the large and have to blend half way thru stuffing it so I can make room for more stuff!

My smoothies are usually spinach and kale as a base. Along with some water, ice, and then fruit (pear, banana, berries, mango, apple - whatever I grab). sometimes I toss in a celery stalk or two but they usually make the smoothie taste grassy. The NutriBullet came with a cool pocket nutritionist pamphlet that lists the foods and what they can do for our bodies so that makes making the smoothies a little more interesting.

FYI: Kale contains carotenoids and flavanoids for bladder, colon, prostate cancer, etc. Spinach is blood pressure reducing and bone building. Blueberries are anti-inflamatory and contain wide range of micronutrients, cantaloupes promote lung and vision health ... cool huh?

EP, can you believe I have TWO labs?! I feel for ya! They have sooooo much energy!
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

More of a run..walk today... gonna mix it up with some Mountain Biking at lunch... Also gonna add some solids at lunch..(salad)
My run Coach Lucy:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.