Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Anyone in here living primal lifestyle?
If you're not I highly recommend you do. Its by far the best stuff there is in my opinion. I see it from results.

I will write more about this. now I just wanted to start a discussion :-)
This website is super cool. to keep score is vital, especially little things. it helps awareness of what you do and what you need to change to make an improvement.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yes primal!

I am - I can't recommend it highly enough. I just started exercising again, but for the past 6 months i have been 80% primal and have seen pounds drop off. I had already gotten rid of most refined sugars when I was pregnant with my second who is now 10 months. Once he was born, he was really sensitive to tons of stuff I was eating (he nurses) so I had to cut out almost everything. Came upon primal eating and said - Hey that's me! So now it is by choice that I eat meat, veggies and fruits primarily with a little yogurt and some rice every now and again. I can really feel it when I veer off course - I get super moody and feel gross. Hopefully now that I am serious about the exercise I'll see some bigger changes - I certainly expect to!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm mostly primal - I still have dairy and the occasional grain (hard to leave quinoa and barley), plus peanuts, which technically aren't allowed. But suffice it to say, I've started eating way more vegetables and have tons more energy and focus since I started! Thanks to primal, I've also improved my cooking skills, and I actually prefer it to reaching for a box of cardboard-flavored crap!

-Nik
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Is eating Primal basically a low carb food plan, no refined or packaged food, no sugar or starch? I am curious. I have been eating low carb about 30-40 carbs per day from the veggies I eat. I eat under 1600 cal per day and have seen a weight loss of 10 lbs so far but over about 6 weeks and thought the weight would come off quicker. I have seen my blood sugars drop to the normal range through this way of eating which is great. Can you advise the difference between primal and low carb. Thanks much.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

@mission,

The Primal falls under the umbrella of low-carb but it avoids all processed food. Unlike, say, Atkins which provides its own line of low-carb "shakes." The focus is on natural, unprocessed meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. There are a couple foods that are constantly the subject of ongoing debate in primal circles, like peanuts and dairy, but those are just minor details compared to completely removing grains and all processed junk out of your diet.

-Nik
Old 04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

It is interesting, I think I will explore further. I have not been drinking milk or eating yogurt. I do eat cheese. Is it allowed at all? I have not been eating fruit for the last while because it puts my blood sugar up significantly. I am going to try and introduce fruit in small amount starting with berries because they are lowest on the glycemic scale. I started this whole journey because of diabetes that got out of whack, so far huge success with getting it under control and weight loss is next, need to lose 70 lbs.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Check out Mark's Daily Apple. He covers all things Primal on the blog, including what food is allowed.

-Nik
Old 04-11-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Primal here - all lean unprocessed meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds. I don't eat fruit - doing the low glycemic thing. I do eat some cheese occasionally, but this is the only dairy I eat, no yogurt, butter, milk etc. I haven't had a starch in over 30 days and I feel great. Down 26 pounds in my first month WITHOUT working out!

Now I am in my second month I am adding exercise to my plan.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

I started Primal Blueprint March 11. I love it. I "stumbled upon" Mark Sisson's Daily Apple newsletter and have been "obsessed" ever since. My husband and I have found grass-fed meats/poultry suppliers and organic local produce and it's changed our life! We feel great! I have just finished all Michael Pollan's books and have become really into where my food comes from. I started this Fitday chart and it's really helped too. It'd be nice to lose 10lbs (I've lost 4), but more importantly, I want to be healthy (we're 50 and 62) and I'm sick of hearing everyone around us talk about how sick they are! I'm going to keep up with this forum for motivation- and there is so much information!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go! I'm a Primal fan too, although I'm only semi-primal myself. I love MDA and Mark really covers a lot of ground there. I'm also doing it for health rather than fat loss, though I wouldn't mind any that came because of it! How "hardcore" are you? I still eat dairy and I try to avoid grains, but I still allow myself some oatmeal and very rarely toast earlier in the day. Mostly, I love how my consumption of fresh vegetables has SOARED since going (half-ass) primal/paleo.

-Nik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.