Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. As noted by my screen name, I am normally on the Primal Blue Print plan............

Right now, I am on my second round of HCG per my doctor. Personally, I can't wait to get back to Primal / Paleo eating. But I like the fat I'm losing with the HCG thing too.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Anyone doing Paleo? Help for a newbie.

Hi everyone, I just signed up today.

I have been doing WW, but carbs and dairy don't agree with my tummy and the scale, so I'm trying out Paleo.

I'm doing this on a single-mom budget, so having to still use some canned good etc. My main goal with this all is less processed and way less "bad" carbs than my body is used to.

For anyone doing it, can you check out the groceries I got and give me feedback? Thanks!

Cans of Coconut Milk
Wild Alaska Salmon single-serving pouches
Cans of Solid Tuna in water
Chicken Breasts
Frozen Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower
Frozen Strawberries and Blueberries
Coconut Oil
Almond Meal
Raw Almond Slivers
Raw Sunflower Seeds
Dried Apples
Bananas
Watermelon
Frozen Shrimp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt
LOTS of spices
Mrs Dash Table Blend
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Mushrooms
Honey
Balsamic Vinegar
Club Soda
Ginger Root
Minced Garlic
Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

I've adopted a lot of the paleo principles in my diet but I don't completely exclude anything. I also powerlift as my preferred method of exercise so I need some grains and dairy peri-workout just so my muscles don't eat themselves. Grains-wise, I avoid wheat and corn as much as I can, and only typically eat small, cooked portions of the whole seed (rice, pearled barley, quinoa) maybe once or twice a week. I almost never eat bread, pasta, or other grain flour products. Most of what I eat is meat and vegetables and the results, mostly mental/energy related, have been nothing short of amazing. I have much more focus and discipline when I don't have the afternoon sugar hangover... from the day before.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

For a newcomer to paleo, you've pretty much nailed the short budget category grocery list! Impressive!

There are a lot of resources on the web to help you combine all those tasty things in delicious ways. The Primal Blueprint website (marksdailyapple.com) itself has an extensive recipe page. If you search for "grok" and "recipes" I'm sure you could find tons more.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
For a newcomer to paleo, you've pretty much nailed the short budget category grocery list! Impressive!

There are a lot of resources on the web to help you combine all those tasty things in delicious ways. The Primal Blueprint website (marksdailyapple.com) itself has an extensive recipe page. If you search for "grok" and "recipes" I'm sure you could find tons more.
I agree with tandoorichicken!!

I love marksdailyapple. Here is another primal or paleo cookbook...........

Also, do you have local farmers markets that you can frequent for fresh, local and in season fruits and veggies???

http://liveprimal.com/LPrecipes.pdf
Old 09-07-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
I've adopted a lot of the paleo principles in my diet but I don't completely exclude anything. I also powerlift as my preferred method of exercise so I need some grains and dairy peri-workout just so my muscles don't eat themselves. Grains-wise, I avoid wheat and corn as much as I can, and only typically eat small, cooked portions of the whole seed (rice, pearled barley, quinoa) maybe once or twice a week. I almost never eat bread, pasta, or other grain flour products. Most of what I eat is meat and vegetables and the results, mostly mental/energy related, have been nothing short of amazing. I have much more focus and discipline when I don't have the afternoon sugar hangover... from the day before.
It's amazing how food affects us, huh????
Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

tandoorichicken and Primal-Lioness have nailed it. All the items on your list look good to go, stay with it and throw some exercise in there. I started the same way a few years ago, be patient you will see results.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm going primal on a single mom's budget also! I have hyothyroidism and am trying to lose weight and just feel better. I must say that I feel much better when I am not eating grains and sugar!! Good luck to you!! Keep in touch!

Maria
Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

hi ShoshanaAviva - Your list looks great except perhaps for dried apple,watermelon(Fructose) and Honey.
I too am in my first week of Paleo. Pretty scary going against the brain washing on saturated fats - I sure hope the wise ones have got it right - My split was 9% carb 20%protein and 71% sat fat today. I used to love home baked bread and sweetness but am not missing them Mostly and am feeling great. How are you getting on? Good I Hope.
I am concerned about not getting enough micronutrients and traces but do not want to start taking supplements
Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Primal Blueprint

How many are following Mark Sisson's new book "The Primal Blueprint"? One of Mark's main points is that we need to eat and exercise more like our primal ancestors. Cut out the grains that cause over production of insulin, and get our carbs from fruits and veggies, also more meat, and saturated fats. He also encourages eating cleaner by using organic foods. We also need to exercise, but not over do it to avoid injury. He has data in the book to back up all his assertions.

Mark also has a blog called Mark's Daily Apple (marksdailyapple.com)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.