Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #241 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I would like to friend some paleo eating people so i can see your food logs, i am interested in looking at what paleo is. i need something that is more natural and will also keep me full.
cerra71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #242 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Back to being cavewoman!

After a shoulder surgery that I grew lazy after, and gaining 40lbs from that laziness... I'm back on the primal road and taking a gf along with me. My hubby had huge success and actually got to thin so he had to add more carbs back in.

We're still avoiding a great deal of processed foods, and have ordered our pigs for the freezer from local farms etc.

First day back with 50 minutes of circuit training, and the soreness feels great!!
GingersnapMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:27 AM   #243 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi there, was wondering if you know why grains aren't allowed? I know gluten isn't great, but thought that was mainly due to the way wheat has been altered. As far as I know, oats, quinoa, etc. are as natural as vegetables/ fruit, plus good sources of fiber. Just really curious what makes them "bad". Thanks!
Kate8825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #244 (permalink)
FitDay Member

what is living a primal lifestyle? where I can clue about this, sorry because i'm newbie here I do not know much
rinaharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #245 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Nice, Primal-Lioness. You experience lines up with a number of studies I've seen showing low carb, higher protein diets, help a larger proportion of weight loss come from fat, instead of muscle, which is desirable for a number of reasons.

As for your cravings, you could still do the chicken soup, but the dumplings would be harder. Almond meal dumplings might work though . . . could be something worth playing with. I love using almond meal.

If you find a way to make a halfway decent dumpling, let us know!
abdelfattah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #246 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Paleo

I have been Paleo on and off for about 2 years, and I have to say that transitioning back to strict Paleo has been amazing for my health, physical fitness and overall attitude in daily life. When I feel better about what I am putting in to my body and know I am eating clean and healthy it changes me. I do have a hard time sometimes cooking because I feel like some products can be deceiving about all of their ingredients, so if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it. Also I wanted to share for all of you looking for great Paleo snack food Paleo Ranch is one of my favorites. They have 100% grass fed beef with no added sugars. It is probably my favorite beef jerky now and I like that they donate profits to animal charities. I am always up to hear what other people enjoy for snacks so please share some ideas with me So excited to get my life back on track again!
peppyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #247 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerra71 View Post
I would like to friend some paleo eating people so i can see your food logs, i am interested in looking at what paleo is. i need something that is more natural and will also keep me full.
I'm actually just starting a 90 day Paleo experiment. Feel free to follow along my nutrition here and/or my journaling about it on my blog. Both links are in my signature block.
HankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #248 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I've never tried the paloe diet, mainly because I assumed it was just like the Atkins diet. After I did research (thanks, Nerd Fitness' "The Paleo Diet Debunked?") I was able to sort out myth from reality. It turns out I've been eating 80% Paleo. Now after looking at other comments, I'm going to be more intentional about following the diet.

Does anyone still consume low-fat, plain yogurt on that diet, or is that absolutely restricted?
LChang3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, caveman diet, cavemen diet, insulin, low carb, mark sisson, no grains, opw, organic, paleo, paleo diet, primal blueprint, thyroid