Notices

1 Week Diet

Old 07-28-2012, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb 1 Week Diet

For a few months I'd been following my own roughly low carb (not Atkins) diet that involved lean meat, eggs, salad and no sugar as well as exercise to try to lose weight but I had a slip up where I spent a month eating whatever thinking 'I'll start again tomorrow'. I'm not making excuses because ultimately it was up to me to stay strong but it kind of happened because I got stuck on a plateau for ages before mysteriously putting on a couple of pounds.

I had really been trying so hard so I felt really miserable about it and having watched my fiancé continue eating cakes, sweets etc the whole time I just kind of ended up giving in and thought I'd have a day or two break from it and eat some nice things as a treat.

Anyway... I eventually realised what I was doing and got back on the diet but now it's less than a week until my dress fitting and I'm currently still 21lbs above my target weight.

Out of desperation I found this 1 week diet thing and although it's by no means a long term solution (I intend to go back to healthy eating and exercise after this week) and I doubt I'll actually lose a full stone, I'm just desperate to try to drop whatever weight I can before 3rd August so I'll try anything right now.

So far I'm on day 2 and I've went from 157lb to 155lb. I realise this could just be water weight but I'm trying to stay positive as my mood can really affect how I lose weight. I'm also continuing with daily exercise - whatever I can manage whether it's yoga, muscle toning or cardio.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes and whether it actually works.

I'm hoping that not only will posting on here keep me motivated but it will also provide handy info for anyone else considering this diet for emergencies such as mine.

By the way, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to the diet plan so I haven't yet - please can someone let me know if this is allowed or if I should just post the rules of the diet itself?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

What exactly is the one week diet thing?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Canary52. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link or not but here it is:

Link removed, please read the http://www.fitday.com/fitness/ForumRules.html

If anyone has a problem, please let me know and I'll remove the link as soon as I'm back online (or if you're a mod/admin please remove the link).

You can also find it posted many other places if you Google '1 week diet'.
It's only a short term solution diet and not for long term use; I'm only considering it because of the dress fitting situation.

To be honest I really loved the fruit lunch. It was a lot more satisfying and tasty than any lunch I've had in a long time. I'll definitely be having the occasional fruit lunch in the future whether I'm dieting or not.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 07-30-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Have lost another 1lb when I weighed myself this morning but I am still a little concerned this may just be water weight...

I have to admit I've felt quite hungry between meals which isn't too pleasant although that might just be because I got used to snacking before. Drinking more water would probably help but I can't stand the stuff and have probably ended up drinking more black coffee than I should as a result.

I'm glad it's only for a week and I'm almost half way through now.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Oops...

Okay, just noticed the link from my earlier post was removed. I only posted it at all because wasn't sure if it was against TOU because it's not advertising anything and isn't something that is provided by the other website. It's only on there because one of their members posted it and they put it up for other people to look at.

Anyway, for those who want to know, the diet is as follows:

Day 1

Breakfast: 1 slice dry toast with 1 grilled tomato or tinned tomoatoes
Lunch: Fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner: 2 hard boiled eggs, salad & grapefruit

Day 2

Breakfast: Grapefruit & 1 boiled egg
Lunch: Grilled chicken with tomatoes and a slice of dry toast
Dinner: Grilled steak and salad

Day 3

Breakfast: Grapefruit & 1 boiled egg
Dinner: 2 grilled lamb chops, salad & grapefruit

Day 4

Breakfast: 1 slice dry toast
Dinner: 2 hard boiled eggs, salad & grapefruit

Day 5

Breakfast: 1 slice dry toast
Dinner: Fresh fish & salad

Day 6

Breakfast: 1 glass grapefruit juice
Dinner: Grilled chicken, carrots & grapefruit

Day 7

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with grilled or tinned tomatoes
Lunch: 2 poached eggs and spinach
Dinner: Grilled steak with salad

The Rules:

1. No alcoholic drinks.
2. Permitted drinks: Black coffee, tea, lemon/grapefruit juice without sugar.
3. No milk, butter or fats.
4. No eating between meals
5. Abstain from all not included in diet. Eat what is shown or go without.
6. Only follow one week in free - two weeks off.
7. No substitutes allowed. The basis of the diet is chemical, not the quantities.
8. Lunch and dinner may be swapped but only on the same day.

Tips:

1. Pink/red grapefruit is sweeter than the yellow. Even sweeter the more ripe it is.
2. Drinking lots of water helps with food cravings.
3. Lemon juice can be used to add a little flavour to blander dishes
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Do you really believe these short-term diet plans are able to help you lose weight? Well, they might help you shed few kilos, but they will come back soon. I have read a lot about diets link removed and as doctors say they are dangerous for health. Isn't it better to workout and eat healthy?

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-17-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Please contact FitDay if you wish to advertise
Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't realise how long it had been since I was on here last. I can only apologise for not offering regular updates but on the bright side it looks like not too many people were bothered anyway lol.

qwentin, did you even read my original post? I did try that and still am doing that but I tried this diet as a quick short term solution in an attempt to lose a bit of extra weight before a dress fitting. I suggest you actually take the time to read what you're about to respond to in future before leaving pointless condescending comments.

Anyway... in the end, the result was I managed to lose about 2-3 pounds. Not nearly as much as I'd hoped but I'm still glad I tried it and stuck it out. If I hadn't I would have always wondered.

Last edited by KoolKatUK; 12-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

Do you think this diet is healthy? I've looked through many reviews (Diets and Training), and in most of them it's said that quick weight loss is a great stress for health. What would you reply to that?