Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Question for diabetics...Bydurion--How do you like it? >

Question for diabetics...Bydurion--How do you like it?

Notices

Question for diabetics...Bydurion--How do you like it?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Question for diabetics...Bydurion--How do you like it?

My doctor put me on Bydurion 4 weeks ago. It is supposed to help you make insulin AND lose weight. I have not noticed a significant improvement in my blood glucose (the fasting one is the problem) and have only lost about 4 lbs this month. (The expectation was about 4 lbs a week.)

Now, 4 pounds is 4 pounds, but considering that I lost 40 lbs in 2 months on Atkins (and kept if off), 4 pounds doesn't seem to be very much.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Is Bydurion the same thing as Metformin? If it is, I haven't noticed much of a difference in how it is changing my readings either. But it may take two months as it has to build up in your system. Maybe your medication has to do the same. As far as losing 40 in 2 months, your doctor might feel that was to fast of a weight lose for your body to handle in terms of controling your sugar.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LMB2011
Is Bydurion the same thing as Metformin? If it is, I haven't noticed much of a difference in how it is changing my readings either. But it may take two months as it has to build up in your system. Maybe your medication has to do the same. As far as losing 40 in 2 months, your doctor might feel that was to fast of a weight lose for your body to handle in terms of controling your sugar.
No, Bydurion is not the same thing as Metformin. I used Metformin for about 4 months and there was not a noticeable inprovement in my readings--and it came out exactly as it went in (sorry, maybe TMI). I was switched to Glumetza. My body metabolized it, but still not a significant improvement (if any) in blood sugar readings. Now I am on both Glumetza and Bydurion--still not seeing an improvement and worried about some of the readings. My fasting reading is higher than ever and after meals--even meals with only vegetable carbohydrates--the reading is inching higher and higher. It was 130 after breakfast (a protein shake) this morning. In the past, it was around 98-101 after my protein shake breakfast.