Notices

I'm doing the Subway diet...

Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Just goes to show that different approaches work for different people. Congratulatios for getting back on the wagon. Have you thought about what adjustments you will make maintenance once you reach your goal?
Well the FitDay goal chart shows me exactly what is happening and what I must do to lose weight. It looks like I don't have a choice, the Subway diet is the only one that actually works for me.

After I get down to my goal weight, It looks like I'm gonna have to continue with Subway's subs to keep it off. The Subway subs also help to keep my cholesteral and sugar levels down.... so it looks like I'll be eating at Subway for a long time. Maybe not everyday, but a lot...

For those that wish to know, I'm eating the 12" Veggie Delite subs with Honey Oat bread, shredded Cheddar Cheese, all the veggies including spinach, except no hot peppers, Sweet Onion and Lite Mayo dressing, and a glass of ice water. This fills me up and keeps me full for most of the day.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Pam in that replicating the meal at home, for convenience and cost savings, would be the way to go, but I hear that you aren't too keen on that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Subway. But it's not as healthy as some make it out to be. For example, not one of their breads is whole wheat. I also came across this the other day: Subway Nutrition - Prevention.com.

I agree that you have to do what works for you personally; I just hate to see you married to Subway (or any one thing) for the rest of your life. There will be more than one thing that works just fine, and nothing is a magic bullet. I don't really buy the "I don't have a choice" mentality. There are certainly more ways to lose weight than eating one specific sandwich every day!

The longer I've been conscious about my food intake, the more I tend to get bored with it. You may want some variety eventually, so have fun experimenting! We did a thread a while ago about What are you eating right now, and another, What's in your lunch box, that's more recent. Maybe take a search for them and see if you get any ideas. Try small changes and when you hit on something that works for you, you can include it into your repertoire.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-11-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

I don't feel that I'm "married" to Subway at all. It's real simple if I want to lose weight, eat at Subway...vere off of that and I gain weight. The FitDay weight goal chart proves this over and over again. This is what works for my body, YMMV.

I've been watching many various diets to see if they work, and nothing works as good as eating the Subway subs.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back at it :)

Originally Posted by djwayne2000
At $5.00 a sub it gets expensive, but you get your money's worth, with completely fresh veggies and bread every day.

My weight is already starting to come down !!
Yay for Subway! Convenience is a lovely thing
Best of luck - keep remembering what you want.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Smile i lost 33 lbs.

it took me 6 months.i eat a foot long subway sandwich every day.i'm a geezer and dont exercise at all.i retired 4 years ago and am glad to have found subway.i dont cook and when i did shop for food,i would consume it all in record time.it costs me about 10 bucks a day to eat,which i find reasonable.last week i went to the VA for my check up and saw i was down 33 lbs since my last weigh in.they were all impressed.so i will continue with the diet and sometimes dine at the seafood joints here in new bedford.the fact that i lost weight without ever exercising is a big plus to me.another thing is finding pants and clothing i can wear again.regards to all.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Perhaps you should by stock in Subway... If you are giving them $5 and tax every day, you may as well try to recoup some of the losses

I've heard that some people do find that eating the same food day in and day out helps them loose weight because it takes all of the stimulation away from your taste buds; when you are no longer stimulated by the taste of food you stop eating as soon as you've eaten the calories that your body actually needs, but I think I would rather have someone cut my tongue out first .

Good luck with whatever works for you
Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 4.a.healthier.me
your body actually needs, but I think I would rather have someone cut my tongue out first .

Good luck with whatever works for you
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Palio Diet.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

What's good about Subway is that you can see numerous nutritional information which makes it is easy to make healthier choices when it comes to trimming down the calorie intake in each meal.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

That actually sounds like a delicious diet. I dun think i will be too down eating this every day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.