Notices

I'm doing the Subway diet...

Old 10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by djwayne2000
At $5.00 a sub it gets expensive,
How exactly is a $5 sub, THAT'S GOOD FOR YOU, expensive? Even if you were buying two or three a day, it'd be easy to make up the extra cost elsewhere. REMEMBER: Your health is an investment. When you take the easy, convenient (what an insidious word) way out and cut corners.....next thing you know you have diabetes because you didn't take care of yourself.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

I think subway is kind of gross actually. I much prefer a fresh homemade sub.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

OP, if you're eating only one Subway sandwich plus veggies per day, you're definitely not getting in enough protein (maybe 50-60 g). And you can lose weight without eating Subway. Sheesh; eat chicken breast, turkey, lean beef, egg whites, whey powder, low or non-fat cheeses, fat free milk to name a few. You don't say how much you weigh, but I'm assuming you're male and are not involved in resistance training. If you weigh 170 lbs, for example, and have a bodyfat % of 25% you would need 127 grams of protein per day. Minimum. It's all relative to your LBM (Lean Body Mass) which is based on your weight and bodyfat. Most dieters don't eat nearly enough protein. Get your proper protein in, eat lots of green fibrous veggies, take fish oil, drink lots of water, and watch the fat melt off. This is merely an outline, but it's a very basic principle for fat loss....Good luck to you. And forget about fad diets.