FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   The Eat Clean Diet (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/7051-eat-clean-diet.html)

leanlisan 03-27-2012 01:21 AM

The Eat Clean Diet

I've been eating clean for 17 years. In my opinion it's not dieting at all. It's all whole foods, nothing processed. I started it with 35lbs to lose and lost it all and kept it off all these years. With the exceptiong of being pregnant twice. After both pregnancies I lost the weight easily and have kept it off.

Tunnrida 03-28-2012 04:02 AM

It is something like a raw food?

leanlisan 03-29-2012 06:03 AM

No, it's just all natural, no additives or preservatives, whole foods. Check it out. It's nothing crazy. Just real food.

clarkslp 03-29-2012 09:44 AM

Was talking to a friend that was starting this with his wife. My response was that it is more or less what I was doing....eliminate or greatly reduced processed foods or anything with added sugar. Eat fresh veggies/fruits/ and meats as much as possible. It seems like a very common sense approach.

VitoVino 03-29-2012 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tunnrida (Post 77590)
It is something like a raw food?

Information here, peramalink: Eating Clean

Bellamia77 04-03-2012 04:46 AM

love eating clean!

Been doing this for 8 days now and have lost 6lbs! I do this monday thru saturday and sunday i kinda pig out (cheat day). I recomend it, im never hungry and dont get the 3pm crash anymore!

VitoVino 04-03-2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bellamia77 (Post 78120)
Been doing this for 8 days now and have lost 6lbs! I do this monday thru saturday and sunday i kinda pig out (cheat day). I recomend it, im never hungry and dont get the 3pm crash anymore!

Yup, I've been eating clean since July 2011. Not only do I have energy throughout the day, with no crash anymore, but my exercise training is making huge improvements, I'm maintaining my weight (after losing 40 pounds), AND last but not least my brain doesn't have that "cloudy" feeling that I used to have prior to eating clean.

By the way. You mentioned "3PM crash". That 5 hour energy stuff is a scam. I've tried it and it did NOTHING. Of course, I'm eating clean so I've got 24 hour energy. :cool:

mandee08 04-06-2012 09:31 AM

mmm

I started the eat clean diet two years ago, and was also a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Up to this point I've lost 50lbs, but living with a steak and mashed potatos kinda man, I hate to say I've fallen off the band wagon. I am trying very hard to go back to eating clean, because I never felt better. I still get the eat clean magazine, and I can't wait for the day my boyfriend lets me cook dinner with one of the recipes. But...I don't see it happening any time soon :rolleyes:

leanlisan 04-11-2012 06:58 AM

Happy to hear that there are others here with great success.
Mandee, don't tell your boyfriend. I bet he wouldn't even know the difference.;)

PaschaDee 04-27-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by leanlisan (Post 78694)
Happy to hear that there are others here with great success.
Mandee, don't tell your boyfriend. I bet he wouldn't even know the difference.;)

I just purchased the book "Eat-Clean Diet Recharged" by Tosca Reno. Is this the same diet that you are referring to when you say Eat Clean Diet?
I have done many diets over the years and had my best success with Atkins even tho all my loss has returned plus more. My doctor has asked me not to do Atkins and has recommended this one instead. After reading this book for the last 2 days, I really feel that this could be the real thing. It just doesn't sound like a diet but a new way of eating. I'm starting it tomorrow with approximately 90 pounds to lose. :)