Notices

how in the hell do you get the 50-30-20%

Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

I buy unflavoured whey and flavour it myself at home. Sometimes with cinnamon, cocoa, vanilla etc.. I notice though that if you have the same protein everyday no matter how good it tastes at first I will eventually become sick of it. So you might change up your brands every now and then (every 2lb).

That ratio seems ok, but I would expect you may feel a little flat if you are doing excercise with high energy output. If you are feeling good then no need to change at all, that should be work. Just keep honest with how much you put in your body and if you are and you are not losing, then recalculate your average caloric expenditure to what you take in now (on average). Then simply lower your intake by 100-200 cal at each review.

Last edited by rrross; 04-01-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: 50-100 calories is too little
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

thanks to all that has replied. I will try to put all this advice to good use.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pbright120
I am pretty much 100% processed food free. No sugar or grains (whole grain or otherwise). My carbs are vegetables and bit of fruit.
Pbright, you sound kind of like the paleo/crossfit type. Do you do either? I have been for a couple months now and love it. I am surprised I haven't found more people that are involved in either, you're the first that i've come across that has posted anything close to it. I haven't read a whole lot of posts yet though.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, All! I am following the Primal Blueprint which is derived from the Paleo Diet. The book suggested using FitDay. I have been doing this now for about 19 days. So far, really good. Exceptions - I had a couple of Shiner Bock beers last night with my husband and the other night at a business dinner I had a couple of bites of bread pudding - other than that I have been very faithful. It is hard to think about moving away from a grain centered diet at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy and makes you feel so much better.

The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson, a former marathoner and Triathelete, also proposes a less is more approach to fitness - high intensity but for shorter durations with adequate rest - very Crossfit style. I do crossfit workouts (except for the Olympic lifts which I find inimidating) P90X and recently found Body By Fish, which is new to me, but a very cool system of intense workouts using mostly body weight exercises.

I hope to see you around on the boards with your experiences and advice.
KC
Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

I was doing paleo and crossfit and moved a bit more towards primal blueprint. Very similar, but for me I wanted something a bit less programmed and to be honest less cultish than crossfit.

I think Sisson has it exactly right about how unhealthy too much cardio is. Of course he knows this 1st hand given his background. I highly recommend that anyone who wants to get healthy get his book.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

I read marks daily apple frequently and just bought his book. Can't wait to read it!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

All protein powder tastes bad however, it all tastes better with water and fruit. Try 12oz of water and throw in some frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or rasberries. use a hand blender and your set.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DJBlankenship
I've been trying to get it right, but failing to do so. I don't see how a person can do it without eating a but load of meat(which is fine with me) or drinking a bunch of protein shakes. Btw if you know of one that tastes good, lmk please. The ones I've tried taste like sh**!!! I'm confuesed on how to get the 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fats and still eat other healthy foods, like fruits and salads. I'm 5'10", 220lbs and trying to lose about 40 lbs. Doing P90x lean and running a few days a week. I try to keep my calrorie intake between 1800 and 2000 cals a day. But my weight is staying the same.
I have almost exactly your height, calorie intake and weight and weight loss goal. I have lost 22 pounds in 5 weeks and feel great. You are eating too much protein and carbs and too little fat. I eat 10% carbs (a little more now), 30% protein and the rest fat. My account name is RichardBuckner and my food logs are public. You are welcome to see them
Rick
Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

A can of tuna contains 42.6 grams of protein, costs $.69 and tastes much better than your average protein bar. Another good source is cottage cheese, 26 grams per cup, and it's pretty tasty in a cheesy sort of way.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

I generally use the Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, chocolate flavor. I think it tastes pretty good. I had the guy at GNC just talk me into the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 - chocolate. I think it tastes great but I am disappointed at how it dissolves. I haven't found anything yet which dissolves like ON.

The thing about tuna fish is you should limit it in your diet because of the mercury. Study: Mercury in canned tuna high - News - ReviewJournal.com

Edit: Oh, I neglected to mention I still eat tuna fish ~twice a week.

Last edited by yauncin; 06-17-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.