FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Adipex?? Experiences good or bad... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/6967-adipex-experiences-good-bad.html)

yourbadd 03-19-2012 08:31 AM

Adipex?? Experiences good or bad...

My sister-in-law took 3 months of Adipex and had a huge weight loss success so I'm considering it to help jump start my weight loss. My overall goal is to drop 50-60lbs. I've changed my life to include mostly whole foods and tons of veggies and fruits, I've cut out sodas all together and have lost only 8lbs. I am not just "on a diet", I'm making changes to my life to improve the quality.

I know Adipex can be addictive which is why I want to get first hand testimonials before pursuing it. I would love to hear your experiences, good, bad or indifferent on the medication.

Thanks!!

wildbeanerz 03-20-2012 07:44 AM

I tried it when I was about 22-23 yrs old. I was on it for about 3-4 months. I lost @20-25 lbs. But.... my blood pressure was rising slowly. Every month when I had my checkup at the doctor it was a little more and he finally discontinued it for me.

I then was prescribed xenacal (I believe it is ally OTC now). It is a fat blocker. I think I just kind of gave up because I didn't like the way that one made me feel. If you can't absorb the fat, it has to go somewhere.

Honestly, I would stick with what you are doing. But that is just my opinion. You have lost an average of greater than 1 lb per week for the past 6 weeks. If you continue at that rate you will be down over 52 pounds in a year. That is much healthier and you are learning how to do it instead of relying on a pill.

yourbadd 03-20-2012 08:23 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience. My sister-in-law didn't seem to have any side effects but I have a Schleprock cloud hovering above me and if something can go wrong...it will. I guess I am impatient. I have struggled with being overweight for so long and all previous attempt to lose weight failed. I do have a history of adrenal failure issues which made it next to impossible to drop weight the past 2 years and now that I finally am losing, I just want to keep it going strong.
I have an appointment with my doctor next week and after doing my own research, I'll discuss with her any medical issues I have that might make it risky before deciding. I'm just trying to arm myself with as info as I can!!

dilon.don 04-17-2017 07:10 PM

It’s been 3 months since I stopped Adipex and the reality is that I have gained 3-4 pounds. I’m not disappointed at all, the secret is to be more physically active and never be lazy if you want to preserve your figure. Find the needed support and never give up. My doctor told me that I have to overcome all my bad thought cause he won’t prescribe me again Phentermine 37.5 mg.
I’m working daily to pass through this issue smoothly, so be more positive and pleased from the recent results. It will help you to adjust yourself and achieve inner peace.