Community
Notices

Raw Diet

Old 03-19-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Raw Diet

Hello!!

Is there anyone who is following the Raw diet and can tell me a bit about it? Do you need to eat huge amounts to feel full?

Thanks !

sorry didnt see the other posts!

Last edited by bogaram; 03-19-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

I'm doing raw. I just came here to check my nutrition/calorie levels. Im also looking for protein sources other than nuts and spirulina, but I dont mind eating a bit of meat or fish.
No, you don't need to eat huge amounts. And it tastes good too. There is a huge amount of info on the net. Check out Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Victoria Boutenko.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I was high fat raw vegan for 4 years, just recently switched to low fat raw vegan. I eat 80% carb, 10% protein, 10% fat most days. Read 80/10/10 by Dr. Doug Graham if you are interested or check out 30 Bananas a Day! I have IBS and I feel so much better eating this way.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lyndilynndee
Hi! I was high fat raw vegan for 4 years, just recently switched to low fat raw vegan. I eat 80% carb, 10% protein, 10% fat most days. Read 80/10/10 by Dr. Doug Graham if you are interested or check out 30 Bananas a Day! I have IBS and I feel so much better eating this way.
I have IBS too and I just tried eating a raw organic diet today and became very ill... how did you avoid this?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

i'm about to go on this diet also... thebestofrawfood.com has been helping me like loads!... it has a "shopping list" that i altered to my tastes and i'm still going to be eating cooked foods like fish, but just not as often to kind of transition myself off this horrible "western" lifestyle i've been living... it's time to take my health seriously!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry it took so long to reply. I am just getting back to logging in my food and exercise. I eat an insane amount of fruit. I also eat dark leafy greens and drink about 4 liters of water. I eat easy to digest fruit in the morning - dates, oranges, banananas. fruit smoothie - berries, dark leafy greens, bananas for lunch. huge salad for dinner. I stay away from broccoli and nuts. They tear my intestines up. No caffeine or wine. Thats it. Check out 30bananasaday.com. Great info on the site.