Notices

Pgx

Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pgx

Has anyone here ever tried PGX.

I have had issues with Hypoclycemia for many years and no I am not a diabetic, probably soon. Every time I tried to diet or reduce the amount I ate my blood sugars would crash really low. A few times I almost passed out. I visited the doctor many times and they told me to see a nutritionist who just told me to diet. Of course this never worked as any attempt at portion control would trigger low blood sugars.

For anybody that hasn't had really bad drops in blood sugars trust me when I say I would eat anything and everything just to bring them back up. And then I would go through a yo-yo effect for days afterward.

Then one day I was in a health food store and was introduced to a product called PGX. I don't like the powdered meal replacement, but I regularly (before each meal) take the softgels. WOW what a difference. I actually started taking them some time ago without doing any real dieting and i was able to maintain my weight, even if I was way to heavy but I was scared to diet after all the problems I have had.

Then when my wife and I joined FitDay I really noticed a big difference. I am now losing approximately 3 pounds per week and haven't had a blood sugar drop in over 2 weeks.

Also as a bonus, my cholesterol went from very high down to acceptable levels with in a years time and I hadn't even started dieting yet.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

PGX is nothing more than a fiber supplement. You can do the same for free by using the glycemic index to choose your foods.

Can you post what you were eating when you had trouble with your blood sugar levels?
Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I too have hypoglycemia and have experienced the sudden drop in blood sugars while trying to diet. I can appreciate your comment about eating anything and everything to bring your sugars back up to a normal level and to stop the dizziness, confusion and shaking that accompanies this.

I was reluctant to try PGX as I'm not a big fan of pills, but after trying PGX and not experiencing my usual dips in sugars I am sold!!! Definitely has some side effects, but if you start off slow, as the instructions suggest, these are minimal.

Using PGX and Fit Day has allowed me to lose 2 lbs/week safely and without the usual fears that I had in the past.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.