Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Troubled 23 year old, wanting to finally loose weight for good, diet plan needed :-) >

Troubled 23 year old, wanting to finally loose weight for good, diet plan needed :-)

Community
Notices

Troubled 23 year old, wanting to finally loose weight for good, diet plan needed :-)

Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Post Troubled 23 year old, wanting to finally loose weight for good, diet plan needed :-)

Hello fitday peeps.

I am new as of today and its this site I really want to focus on for the rest of this year. I have had enough of my obesity and now I want to prove to myself I can do this, I need all of your help!!

I love food and man do I loveee the cake and fatty foods, I know if only I hard resisted from the start I wouldn't be the mess I am now, but I'm wondering if anyone could maybe suggest a diet plan for me to try and hopefully love? I do like healthire options but often feel it isn't enough.

Hello to all on here as an obese 23 year old suffering from PCOS I really need to get myself into gear and not jus for a week or a month. FOR GOOD, hope to hear from you all, and oh yes HAPPY NEW YEAR. X
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG-20111126-00257.jpg (85.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-01-2012, 01:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Jen, welcome!

I've tried pretty much every "diet" or "eating plan" out there and the only thing that's ever really worked for me is controlling my calorie intake using FitDay.

I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but here are my "rules" for losing weight. Of course, they are what has worked for me, YMMV.

Michael’s Weight Loss Plan
1) No junk food ever (chips, candy, sweets, bakery items and so forth).
2) 1500 “good” calories of “real food” a day (at least 1500 but less than 1600).
3) No soda at all, not even diet.
4) No artificial sweeteners.
5) Keep, on average, a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix.
6) No trans fats, reasonable amount of other fats.
7) Limit sodium as much as possible (not easy!).
8) At least 100 grams of protein per day.
9) Limit simple carbs (white bread, potatoes, sugar).
10) Some sort of exercise every day, even a short walk.
11) Weigh in once a week or less often.
12) Log EVERYTHING eaten into FitDay, every day, no matter what.
13) Have one “day off” a month. Nothing off limits except “trigger foods” (see rule number 1) and get right back to normal the next day.
14) As little alcohol as possible, save it for the “day off”.
15) Take whatever vitamins/supplements deemed necessary.
16) Don’t EVER give up!
Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Jen and welcome to FitDay. The hardest thing about carbs such as cake is that eating a small amount will only tease you. You'll want more, crave more, need more and it makes it harder. I'd suggest cutting out or limiting your trigger foods. I've found that for me, when I cut back on the carbs I don't crave them. Usually day 3 for me is hard but it gets easier after that. I do allow myself a cheat day every week but when I hold back and go beyond a week it seems to get easier.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
Jen, welcome!

I've tried pretty much every "diet" or "eating plan" out there and the only thing that's ever really worked for me is controlling my calorie intake using FitDay.

I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but here are my "rules" for losing weight. Of course, they are what has worked for me, YMMV.

Michael’s Weight Loss Plan
1) No junk food ever (chips, candy, sweets, bakery items and so forth).
2) 1500 “good” calories of “real food” a day (at least 1500 but less than 1600).
3) No soda at all, not even diet.
4) No artificial sweeteners.
5) Keep, on average, a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix.
6) No trans fats, reasonable amount of other fats.
7) Limit sodium as much as possible (not easy!).
8) At least 100 grams of protein per day.
9) Limit simple carbs (white bread, potatoes, sugar).
10) Some sort of exercise every day, even a short walk.
11) Weigh in once a week or less often.
12) Log EVERYTHING eaten into FitDay, every day, no matter what.
13) Have one “day off” a month. Nothing off limits except “trigger foods” (see rule number 1) and get right back to normal the next day.
14) As little alcohol as possible, save it for the “day off”.
15) Take whatever vitamins/supplements deemed necessary.
16) Don’t EVER give up!
Regards,
Michael
Awesome list!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

im new to this site as of today lol, hopefully you and i can maybe help each other with our weight lost goals...lord knows i really need some help and its always better to have someone to talk to about it, and my skinny husband could careless cause all he does is eat. hope we can keep in touch and help each other out.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM
FitDay Member

Wow amazing on your loss so far!! Thank you I will try your routine x
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hello debbie and welcome! Please add me as a friend and we can always help each other I would love this, getting my accurate bmi today so I will let you know how I get on! Xx
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Newjen2012
Wow amazing on your loss so far!! Thank you I will try your routine x
Jen, thank you. Making this a "lifestyle change" instead of a "diet" is most important, IMHO. A "diet" implies you'll at some point stop. A lifestyle change, using guidelines that work for you (like my list works for me) is something that one can live with forever.

Now, I'm not saying the guidelines can't change--they can and should. Now that I'm closer to my "healthy" weight, I'm eating more calories. There may be things on my list that you don't need or should adjust. What you need is a plan that you can live with comfortably--you need to maintain, on average, a daily calorie deficit (burn more than you take in). This is what every single "diet" out there boils down to. But, you need to eat enough that you don't get overly hungry and thus temped to binge or "cheat". This is where "good" calories come in--a good mix of protien and complex carbs keep you full where simple carbs, sugar and all that junk that you and I love are loaded with calories that burn off almost instantly leaving you even hungrier.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Jen, thank you. Making this a "lifestyle change" instead of a "diet" is most important, IMHO. A "diet" implies you'll at some point stop. A lifestyle change, using guidelines that work for you (like my list works for me) is something that one can live with forever.

Now, I'm not saying the guidelines can't change--they can and should. Now that I'm closer to my "healthy" weight, I'm eating more calories. There may be things on my list that you don't need or should adjust. What you need is a plan that you can live with comfortably--you need to maintain, on average, a daily calorie deficit (burn more than you take in). This is what every single "diet" out there boils down to. But, you need to eat enough that you don't get overly hungry and thus temped to binge or "cheat". This is where "good" calories come in--a good mix of protien and complex carbs keep you full where simple carbs, sugar and all that junk that you and I love are loaded with calories that burn off almost instantly leaving you even hungrier.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks for your reply Michael, are you completely satisfied with the way you eat now? any tips on how to vary dinner time and teas? i am so clueless all i can think of is tuna and pasta! and lots of fruit and veg. x
Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Newjen2012
Thanks for your reply Michael, are you completely satisfied with the way you eat now? any tips on how to vary dinner time and teas? i am so clueless all i can think of is tuna and pasta! and lots of fruit and veg. x
May I suggest you jumping into the Women's forum, making some new friends, and then adding them as a "FitDay Friend" to your profile. Then you'll be able to see their Food Journal for ideas on what to eat. Just a suggestion.

Here's what one looks like. You can view mine only because it's "Public". Most Food Journals here are not public, or they can only be viewed by "friends".

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public..._User=VitoVino

You'll find all the information you'll need to help you with other ideas in the link below. And Welcome!

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-02-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.