Notices

Wheat Free Diet 4 Me

Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

I've decided to go wheat free to see if will help my IBS symptoms. It's been 4 days and the diarrhoea has gone (still a little constipated) and I'm nowhere near as gassy. I think a lot clearer too but am shattered by 11pm which is unlike me. I've decided to cut out gluten and dairy too.

I know it takes at least a couple of weeks to see any real effects, but my stomach is still bloated, how long did it take for you guys to lose the bloat?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

:I don't bloat unless I have more than one serving of wheat or dairy so it leaves pretty quickly, usually in about 24-48 hrs. You sound as tho you are doing well, I am happy for you..keep it up!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. In fact nearly everything that was wrong with me has vanished after giving up gluten for only a few days. I then had a glass of cola today which contained gluten and felt pretty bad

Which means I will probably have to go back on the awful stuff and have a Coeliac test
Old 08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
FitDay Member

Been gluten free for 2 weeks now, regular as clockwork since, but the bloating is worse. There pain has subsided though. Anyone else experience this?