I need a good diet

Community
Notices
Like Tree3Likes

I need a good diet

Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dysonsphere
I read that as... been stuffing my face, help me, don't give me anything that is hard work.

Good luck with that.

I'll have to agree. The thing is, it doesn't have to be that difficult and there's nothing "magic" about it. Just a few simple rules, but all three must be employed:

- eat clean
- limit calories (and use tracking)
- moderate exercise

Bam! There's your 'good diet'!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Even the diets that don't have you directly count calories still reduce your calories. I'm on the fitday diet. Basically I log EVERYTHING I eat.

I noticed you said that you log the food "when you can". If you can't log something in some way why are you eating it? Don't eat something if you don't have any idea how many calories it has in it.

Also if you like to eat a large volume of food you can still do that if you pick the right things to eat, but those right things have to include a lot of low calorie vegetables and fruits like melons that are high volume, low calorie.

You should also get exercise but you know that.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diet Advice

Hello, For a good diet i use is:

Eat more fruits and vegetables and exercise at least 3 to 4 times a week. Also if you have stairs at your job try to take them instead of the elwvator. And your days you don't exercise try to walk at least 30 mins a day. This is what helps me.

Weight Progress: 10/18/2011-323.5
10/27/2011-319.5
11/01/2011-315.4
11/05/2011-315.9
11/10/2011-313.4

Stay Encourage!!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Walking every day for at least 30 min. a day has help me not only lose some weight but has helped me feel better energy wise. I know find myself asking a family memeber or friend everyday what they are doing just so I can see if they want to go walking with me.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dysonsphere
I read that as... been stuffing my face, help me, don't give me anything that is hard work.

Good luck with that.
I agree. One place that you could start is using the books "Eat This, Not That." My son (30 yrs old) asked for them--you don't really diet, you make better choices. The books are easy to read, and interesting (in my opinion).

Follow the link for more information: Eat This, Not That: Diet Review
Old 12-04-2011, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

well i looked around on the net abit today. and saw the simmple steps i can take to start with, this is mostly managing how much i eat more than what i eat for the moment.

eat 5 meals a day (3meals 2 snacks)

snack shouldn't be bigger than the size of your fist

meat for meals shouldn't be bigger than the size of your palm.

no eating 3 hours before bed, so that would be 8pm usally for me.

i'm also starting to count cals again where i can.

this is the first day i'm trying to control how much i ate and i'm hungry, but i'm gluping down water to compensate
i think; this is so good
Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Try the Body for Life diet.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

How much do you need to lose? That can make a difference. What are your current eating habits? That makes a big difference.

My son is 30 yrs old. He watched "Supersize Me" and cut out all fast food and soft drinks. He lost 40 lbs in about 3 months. He doesn't need to lose now, but he starts a creeping gain when he ads fast food back in. Whatever you do, it needs to be a lifestyle change.

He asked for the books "Eat This, Not That" and keeps them in his car. When he does have to stop for food on the run, he looks through the books and makes the better choice. You'd be surprised what a difference (in calories, carbs, and fats) making healthier choices can show on your body.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

I like the Paleo Diet (Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It is very satisfying and there is no feeling of deprivation. Another variation is called the Perfect Health Diet. It really helps to be keeping track of my calories and activities on FitDay.

The Paleo Diet Solution is a way to get back to our roots - to eat the natural foods that our ancestors have hunted, fished, and gathered since the dawn of time, not since the dawn of processed foods.

Eat full portions of lean meats and seafood
Enjoy fruits and vegetables, mushrooms, herbs and sweets like honey
Remove the modern grains and dairy that can be difficult to digest
And get rid of processed foods, alcohols, and sugars!
Get energy from natural, unprocessed foods – not dangerous diet pills or methods!

You'll have a full stomach AND be full of energy, all while losing weight!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-01-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo explained

Here is link to a fantastic video which explains paleo information...TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria - YouTube

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.