FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Atkins (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/457-atkins.html)

viridiann 02-19-2010 08:15 PM

Atkins

Anyone doing ATKINS diet?

annievaughn 02-20-2010 01:21 AM

I have been doing Atkins since last September and have lost 32 lbs. I really haven't lost much since Xmas, however, just been hovering about the same weight.

monnikjuh 02-20-2010 03:20 AM

Yes i'am doing Atkins and it work's fine for me , are you just started ?
You can ask a starter package on Link removed for 19,99 Euro .

I'am now in phase 1 the 3 week , i just do phase 1 4 weeks because you have to lose 10-15 kilo to go to the next phase so i have to 7 kilo . Than i going to phase 2 .

wcwendy 02-20-2010 01:22 PM

There are a few different versions of Atkins, but I prefer the original from 1972. You can buy the book used. It's really pretty simple to follow, IMO. It takes a few days to get used to not eating a bunch of carbs, but cravings diminish and it gets easier and easier, IME.

kailaross 02-20-2010 04:08 PM

I'm at it again

Originally Posted by viridiann (Post 3902)
Anyone doing ATKINS diet?

I think it is very important to read the book and understand the underlying principles. This is a program that forces your body to burn fat rather than sugar. I firmly believe the controlled carb diet is the best lifetime plan, but I confess that my own addictive behaviour has taken control time and time again. The Atkins program works for weight loss, and a feel good body.... but I have repeated it a number of times and then fallen back into gorging on bread and sneaking chocolate bars.

I'm off to a fresh start and am reading the book again. THIS TIME will be different.

monnikjuh 02-20-2010 09:35 PM

I 'am custom now the new books of Atkins and i order them to . The first book calt Atkins dieet revolutie . And it really works what is the different to the old one and the new one ?
Is it muts our is just that there are new product on the marked ?

jamsandwichjd 02-22-2010 05:15 AM

Just curious if there's any critical information in the books that isn't on the Atkins website. I just kicked off an attempt at taking on Atkins today, but I'm not particularly interested in shelling out for diet books.

Until my wife got pregnant (2.5 long years ago), I'd been following a pretty principled GI diet, which works well for me. I fell off the wagon in a huge way (more so now that she's pregnant again and eating accordingly) and I've decided to start taking off some of this extra weight (40 lbs) by doing something a little more restrictive than the GI approach (but with its own appeal, being a little friendlier to fats)... once I get close to my goal weight I'll have to re-evaluate whether Atkins is still right for me, but my understanding is that once you hit the later phases, Atkins and GI share a lot, so maybe that won't be the case.

Anyhow, hope I can take off a big chunk of the weight before the second baby comes. :)

monnikjuh 02-22-2010 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by jamsandwichjd (Post 4117)
Just curious if there's any critical information in the books that isn't on the Atkins website. I just kicked off an attempt at taking on Atkins today, but I'm not particularly interested in shelling out for diet books.

Until my wife got pregnant (2.5 long years ago), I'd been following a pretty principled GI diet, which works well for me. I fell off the wagon in a huge way (more so now that she's pregnant again and eating accordingly) and I've decided to start taking off some of this extra weight (40 lbs) by doing something a little more restrictive than the GI approach (but with its own appeal, being a little friendlier to fats)... once I get close to my goal weight I'll have to re-evaluate whether Atkins is still right for me, but my understanding is that once you hit the later phases, Atkins and GI share a lot, so maybe that won't be the case.

Anyhow, hope I can take off a big chunk of the weight before the second baby comes. :)

Hi, Well that is all about is generally found in the book really explained things well, and recipes. I do it 2 weeks and borrowed the first book in the library. Now I buy them online via a second site Link removed in Netherlands. Since I bought one of nou 10 euros and the others are there too. That was or
and because I am sure that I'll do a live Atkins probably get me that book and therefore it is handy if you need ofso equally clear that you can look into the books without the Internet / library to go and I think the book is good because you can even get asked to reflect on all the chapters and the first day and drives to the seventh day and then the 14 day and you simply experience discomfort etc. So then I one type of diet diary red line effect.

louisagholson 03-01-2010 10:03 AM

How was your day?

I started today. Printed information about last night. I drank 2 cups of coffee (with no sugar) and 3 cups of water so far. I had 2 servings of Honeysuckle White 85/15 Ground Turkey (baked) this morning. I drink water or coffee when I feel hungry and wait to see what happens. None of my usual carbs today. Planning a chicken ceasar salad for dinner. I always had a sluggish feel to me, but today I don't at all. It's made a difference. I was causing my lethargy and the guilt is gone now that I have the solution. I've been reading all day about nutrition. I had a Wellness class this afternoon, and I'm surprised how much I retained. I feel confident.

Louisa

gnattylove 03-02-2010 02:04 AM

I am doing a modified version of Atkins. I eat 20 carbs or less for 3 days then on day four I eat higher carbs. Not bad carbs but apples, bananas, whole grain bread, oatmeal, etc. Then go back to three days under 20 carbs. It has helped me stay on the diet and I am actually losing weight like crazy. I was having long plateaus on just doing 20 carbs or less a day. I can stick to this better because I know I can have the higher carb fruits and veggies and that forth day.

Hope this helps,
Natalie