Notices

Atkins

Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to all on atkins been eating 15 carbs a day i gained alot these past 6 months
i am really trying to not cheat this time i will see 6 months from now
Old 03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cullicocopop
This sounds like a great idea. I've just started this today. I think I will try it this way for a while - I can hold out longer with one day of limited carbs than trying to do "none. forever..." :-) I quit smoking last summer and gained 30 lbs and now - since Christmas I've lost 12 but - still need to lose another 25 - (I was a little over where I want to be when I quit smoking) - because I'm getting married July 10th and that's coming faster than you can imagine.

Hope to check in here often.

culli
i'm getting married in july, too
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kailaross
I think it is very important to read the book and understand the underlying principles. This is a program that forces your body to burn fat rather than sugar. I firmly believe the controlled carb diet is the best lifetime plan, but I confess that my own addictive behaviour has taken control time and time again. The Atkins program works for weight loss, and a feel good body.... but I have repeated it a number of times and then fallen back into gorging on bread and sneaking chocolate bars.

I'm off to a fresh start and am reading the book again. THIS TIME will be different.
I've read the books and understand it. It works for some but not me. I was having issues with it health wise - getting the shakes etc. I've been doing the Zone for ten years with no issues, I'll stick to that. I need to keep my blood sugar level all day (I have low blood sugar) so the Zone helps me with that and I maintain a good, healthy weight.

Kathie
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Atkins for a New You

I started today. I've sort of been weening myself off of carbs the last week or so but life got in the way.

Really trying to break my gum habit. Any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gretch33
i started today. I've sort of been weening myself off of carbs the last week or so but life got in the way.

Really trying to break my gum habit. Any suggestions?
type in on your computer stevia gum thats how i stop chewing just try to only chew 4 pieces of this a day.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

I do a diet similar to atkins but with different macro levels. Its the ketogenic diet. 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carb. It wasnt too much of a leap for me since i was already doing low carb. What was hard was trying to eat all that fat. Some people use it in an atkins similar fashion, but with heart disease in my family i tend to eat healthier fats. Whole egg omelets are my biggest sin. I eat avocados and nuts for my fats and stick to chicken, tuna or lean beef for my protein. Caloric limitations still apply but youd be amazed how full you can feel on this diet.But i feel more satisfied and still get great results in the gym. Its a long scientific process but basically it forces your body to use fat as its source of fuel instead of carbs. You can check it out on the bodybuilding.com forums under Nutrition.

Last edited by spanishblueyes; 03-19-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

I have a question. How can you guys survive on so FEW carbs???
Seriously, I thought the Atkins diet was not a good diet because once you get off it, you gain it all back (at least what I have heard) and...it's not healthy because your body isn't meant to live off so few carbs (again, what I have heard).
So how can you guys say you actually like it? What exactly are you guys eating? Lol
I want to lose about 20-30 pounds, and I've been going slowly after my own just-eating-healthy diet...and this Atkins diet seems way too much of a quick fix, and to make it worse, it seems like you guys are saying it's EASY. Too good to be true guys, Hahaha, so just tell me..what are you guys eating? How long do you plan to do it? Is it really a healthy approach to weight loss?
Even so, I still wouldn't do it because that would involve telling my dad to buy Atkins stuff and he's just gonna be like "why why why"
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DeathArrow
I have a question. How can you guys survive on so FEW carbs???
Seriously, I thought the Atkins diet was not a good diet because once you get off it, you gain it all back (at least what I have heard) and...it's not healthy because your body isn't meant to live off so few carbs (again, what I have heard).
So how can you guys say you actually like it? What exactly are you guys eating? Lol
I want to lose about 20-30 pounds, and I've been going slowly after my own just-eating-healthy diet...and this Atkins diet seems way too much of a quick fix, and to make it worse, it seems like you guys are saying it's EASY. Too good to be true guys, Hahaha, so just tell me..what are you guys eating? How long do you plan to do it? Is it really a healthy approach to weight loss?
Even so, I still wouldn't do it because that would involve telling my dad to buy Atkins stuff and he's just gonna be like "why why why"
Well mine is different than Atkins. Right now i am actually on Dave Palumbos cut diet for women. Its strictly clean eating. No premade bars or products. It work to keep you building muscle while shedding fat. Im used to it since i been doing mostly low carb(with cheat periods) for a couple years now. As for the body not bieng meant to live off so few carbs i beg to differ. We did it for thousands of years before they invented all the carbs we ingest. We lived off fat and protein with some carbs from plant sources. We were NOT meant to eat the processed crap we toss into the chutes these days. Since im female my diet is different than a males. But here is what a day looks like for me. No special packaged diet foods in it.
meal 1: 2 whole eggs + 6 whites
Meal 2: 35 g whey protein + 1 tbsp NATURAL(nothing but peanuts) peanut butter
Meal 3: 6 oz chicken with 1/4 cup almonds,walnuts or almonds
Meal 4: 6 oz salmon or red meat with a green salad(no red veggies or corn) and 1 tbsp of olive oil
Meal 5: 35 g whey with 1 tbsp natural pb or 2 whole eggs and 6 whites.

Now keep in mind this is a cut diet so it isnt really meant for maintenance. Its a precontest diet for bodybuilders but alot of people also use it to drop a few quick ones. But ketogenic is meant for a longer stretch. There are 2 versions of keto. After the initial 2 week phase that gets you into keto you either carb up one whole day a week or you carb up one meal daily, usually before you workout. Google it to read more or go to the forums on bodybuilding.com Good luck.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:41 PM
FitDay Member

Well being atkins is what works for me otherwise i would be eating sugar and all these prepackaged meal
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Natalie...that sounds like a good plan to me. I have been off and on Atkins for a couple of months now and can't seem to stay 'on' long enough to lose anything. Maybe if I try your approach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.