Notices

Atkins

Old 06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RichardBuckner
Be sure and eat at least 20 net carbs.
I have to stay under 20 net carbs for 7-14 days on the induction diet and no more than three cups of veggies/ day. This diet is really hard because I don't like meat or fatty foods and that's pretty much all I'm allowed. My stomach is so bloated I look pregnant. I hope this pays off.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MetalPeaches
I have to stay under 20 net carbs for 7-14 days on the induction diet and no more than three cups of veggies/ day. This diet is really hard because I don't like meat or fatty foods and that's pretty much all I'm allowed. My stomach is so bloated I look pregnant. I hope this pays off.
Encourage, encourage! I upped net carbs to 25 the second week; am at 40 now after 4 weeks. Try a variety of meats: fish (different kinds especially tuna), lamb, pork, shellfish (potassium), turkey, chicken, veal, duck. You can marinate pork shoulder in soy sauce and ginger and broil it; eat with tofu noodles. Get fat from butter, cream, cream cheese, cheese, fried pork rinds (NO CARBS). Get through the first week or two and you will be on your way. Watch the total nutrition chart. Get through 4 weeks and you will feel great. Good luck. Exercise.
Rick
Old 06-05-2010, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Encourage, encourage! I upped net carbs to 25 the second week; am at 40 now after 4 weeks. Try a variety of meats: fish (different kinds especially tuna), lamb, pork, shellfish (potassium), turkey, chicken, veal, duck. You can marinate pork shoulder in soy sauce and ginger and broil it; eat with tofu noodles. Get fat from butter, cream, cream cheese, cheese, fried pork rinds (NO CARBS). Get through the first week or two and you will be on your way. Watch the total nutrition chart. Get through 4 weeks and you will feel great. Good luck. Exercise.
Rick
Thanks for all of your help. This diet just isn't for me- I woke up about three times last night STARVING and decided any diet where I'm eating this much and feeling this terrible isn't worth it. In fact I figured it's pretty much the opposite of what I need so I'm going vegetarian! haha I already feel like a million bucks from my one bowl of oatmeal + crazins and I'm not hungry for the first time in a few days. Thanks again for your help and encouragement though- best of luck to you!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all of your help. This diet just isn't for me- I woke up about three times last night STARVING and decided any diet where I'm eating this much and feeling this terrible isn't worth it. In fact I figured it's pretty much the opposite of what I need so I'm going vegetarian! haha I already feel like a million bucks from my one bowl of oatmeal + crazins and I'm not hungry for the first time in a few days. Thanks again for your help and encouragement though- best of luck to you!
I changed my diet significantly to have loads of fresh vegetables and fruit and very limited amounts of bread and pasta and red meat. After six months i don't miss any of it and most of my week is all veggies and two or three times i have fish and maybe once a month have some chicken. It is another great alternative, eat clean and fresh! And there are no such things as hunger pangs i eat when i want, you won't stay heavy by eating vegetables! And there is no phases you just keep losing weight and it becomes lifestyle.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

raisins and oatmeal give you potassium (and carbs)
different strokes for different folks
Rick
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

198 on bathroom scale minimum weight on morning. The weight I have been tracking is at 4 PM and it was 204.0, only .4 lb in a week. If my goal is 180 in the afternoon my min might be 174, out of the range of overweight. Maintaining potassium at about 7% RDA intake. Vitamin D is low; working and spaing more out in sun, I might get enough. Looking into supplements. If I continue losing weight I can increase my milk intake, and yogurt. Trying to maintain 35 to 40 net carbs until I lose 2 pounds on the more accurate scale.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Atkins diet progress

198 on bathroom scale minimum weight on morning. The weight I have been tracking is at 4 PM and it was 204.0, only .4 lb in a week. If my goal is 180 in the afternoon my min might be 174, out of the range of overweight. Maintaining potassium at about 7% RDA intake. Vitamin D is low; working and spaing more out in sun, I might get enough. Looking into supplements. If I continue losing weight I can increase my milk intake, and yogurt. Trying to maintain 35 to 40 net carbs until I lose 2 pounds on the more accurate scale.
200 on medical scale at gym late afternoon, 201.0 on my accurate scale before lunch, 198 on bathroom scale. I have lost about 22 pounds in 4.5 weeks. Hardly any hunger except just at meal time.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

200 on medical scale at gym late afternoon, 201.0 on my accurate scale before lunch, 198 on bathroom scale. I have lost about 22 pounds in 4.5 weeks. Hardly any hunger except just at meal time.
I am not getting any support here on my atkins diet. My potassium is up in the low 70's% from supplements. I need to start back taking the calcium and Vitamin D. 198 on bathroom scale in morning, 201.2 on accurate scale in afternoon.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

I am not getting any support here on my atkins diet. My potassium is up in the low 70's% from supplements. I need to start back taking the calcium and Vitamin D. 198 on bathroom scale in morning, 201.2 on accurate scale in afternoon.
199.2, 22 pounds lost. I broke the 200 barrier and deserve to reward myself. I did it by my self with no continuing support from a diet buddy. Adding legumes, 45 net carbs a day. I feel great.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

199.2, 22 pounds lost. I broke the 200 barrier and deserve to reward myself. I did it by my self with no continuing support from a diet buddy. Adding legumes, 45 net carbs a day. I feel great.
You should go to lowcarbfriends.com or atkinsdietbulletinboard.com

Congrats -- you are doing great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.