Notices

Atkins

Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I am also starting Atkins again today. Keyword: AGAIN.

Geez. So, I did Atkins a couple of times, lost at least 60 lbs. quickly, and gained the weight back. I am an emotional eater. That's all I have to say about that. From this point on, that can't be my excuse. I am starting Atkins again to try and get the sexy, young me back. There is more to this story.

Does anybody know anything about the KFC grilled double down? I did try it today. Not sure about the sauce on it though.

Anywwhhhooo-- I am so glad to see others with similar struggles (working on losing the weight again, love issues adding weight, families, and etc.) and I hope we can be here for each other. I know I need the support.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by honey_mocha
I to am starting Atkins again after losing 125 lbs on it back in 2005 but have since gained it all back and then some ugggh. I have managed to lose 50 lbs before starting Atkins but it seems I need that extra push and Atkins is it.

Let's motivate each other like another posts said. I am so happy I found this site, it's great!
That is awesome! That is a lot of weight, you should be proud. So, you had a little setback. I heard this saying once: If you don't quit when you stop, it's just a pause.

I have a question for you though. Do you feel like since you lost the weight on Atkins and gained it back, that your body shape has changed?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susiethibs
I encourage all to read the book and its successor book entitled:
Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher and
Eating Think for Life by Anne Fletcher (Nutritionist)
Thanks for the books. I also have done hypnosis/mediation cds in the past. They were wonderful. I just felt better. Of course, I stopped. I'm dealling with "forgiveness" issues. Believe it or not, I'm gaining happy fat now, just too much of it, from a new relationship. WTH?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I have been doing Atkins for a little more than 3 weeks and have lost 16 pounds! I just tried MIMS today and loved them. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and filling they are.YUM! Still exploring the sight and trying to figure things out. I am looking forward to finding support and losing about 70 more pounds! Have a great day!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by terribear27
Hi! I have been doing Atkins for a little more than 3 weeks and have lost 16 pounds! I just tried MIMS today and loved them. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and filling they are.YUM! Still exploring the sight and trying to figure things out. I am looking forward to finding support and losing about 70 more pounds! Have a great day!
Congratulations on your weight loss. I know you must feel soooo good. Well, I'm just on day 3 of induction--starting over after major setbacks. But, anywhooo--I'm trying to figure the site out also. I hope you'll stay.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I am still doing the induction phase too. I am planning on hanging around this sight for a while. It is helping to keep me on my toes, watching what I am eating, especially calorie wise.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default help me get started

Hi I am new and am interested in how to initiate a thread. I am in Atkins first week of induction and finally got down to 20 net carbs. I am terribly hungry between supper and breakfast. Can you tell me how to link up with a friend on fitday so he/she can see my journals? I am interested in a diet buddy.
RichardBuckner
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
Congratulations on your weight loss. I know you must feel soooo good. Well, I'm just on day 3 of induction--starting over after major setbacks. But, anywhooo--I'm trying to figure the site out also. I hope you'll stay.
We are about the same place in our diets. Do you know how I can request that a fitday member be a friend so we can see each other's public journal entries? Message me if you want about starting over.
RichardBuckner
Old 05-14-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
Thanks for the cheer! I do feel energized. I too have had to start over but I am determined to stick with it. I am definitely here for the long hall.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RichardBuckner
Hi I am new and am interested in how to initiate a thread. I am in Atkins first week of induction and finally got down to 20 net carbs. I am terribly hungry between supper and breakfast. Can you tell me how to link up with a friend on fitday so he/she can see my journals? I am interested in a diet buddy.
RichardBuckner
I have no idea how to initiate a new thread. If you want to make your menu public you have to go to your profile page and follow the instructions. I am also not sure what you mean by linking up. I just click on the discussions page. But I am really just learning the ropes. This is all new to me. If you find out please share

All I know is fitday is helping me keep track of calories and carbs and I am loving it. I am sure someone more qualified will be able to answer your questions better. Congrats on beginning your journey and best of luck. I am sure you will meet with success.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.