Notices

Atkins

Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FITDAYGIRL2013
I am also new to Atkins and this site. I Cannot figure out how to delete foods from todays log. Need to read up on it.
Hi there!

To delete foods from your daily log, go to Calendar, (up above where is says, "Welcome~ 'your name') That will take you to a calendar where you'll see food, weight, etc. Go to the date that you want and click on food, and it will open up your food log for that day. When the log is open, look to the right hand side. You'll see little X's and it will say 'delete'. Just click on that and 'viola', that particular food is gone from your log.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

You know that exact thing happened to me. I tried Atkins in 2004 and my weight dropped like a rock. Then I gained it back unfortunately and tried it again. The 2nd , 3rd 4th time etc. it did not work I just stayed the same weight.
Now I am doing Paleo/Primal (which is similar in some ways). But the thing is now I am tracking my weight , food and calories, activity here on Fitday. I think I was eating too many calories on those other failed attempts
we will see but so far so good
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default I started Atkins this week

Hello!

I started the Adkins diet on Monday, today is Thursday and I havent lost any weight.
I think I might be eating to much or maybe its because i am having a cup of coffee in the morning. I dont understand.

Does anybody know how soon should I start to see results?

I ate 3 slices of turkey bacon 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and 1 cup of coffee with about 2 tbs of heavy cream and 1 equal. is this to much for breakfast?

Note ( I also drink atleast 6 to 8 16.9 oz bottles of water a day. (I refill same water bottle)

Last edited by Jessica_C7; 09-15-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Drop the Atkins ~ Drop some calories

The heavy cream has got to go! Plus Atkins is a very unbalanced way to go. You need all three: carbs/fat/protein. Are you actively recording your food journal on a daily basis? and taking the time to create the food nutrition item if it's not automatically in the system? If you've been doing Atkins for a week and have lost no weight ~ and I'm only saying this because Atkins is so bad for you and most people DO loose weight quickly (only to regain it of course) ~ then you're definitely packing away too many calories during the day. Are you exercising? It really all comes down to balance which we all struggle with. Just take a step back and honestly log your food into the journal then scroll down and see what the system states about the amount of calories your putting in as opposed to burning. Balance your food out and drop 500 calories of your current intake off the daily total. If you're eating 2500 calories a day then go to 2000. Remember that it's 3500 calories = 1 pound. Don't expect quick results ~ this will only lead to upset and failure.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

The only thing I would add is that the burned must be more than the intake. Not just reduce your intake by 500 per day. If you eat 2500 now and reduce that to 2000 but only burn 1800 (just using numbers) you still won't lose weight. You need your burn to be more than your calories in. Wow I took the long way around that I hope it makes sense.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jessica_C7
Hello!

I started the Adkins diet on Monday, today is Thursday and I havent lost any weight.
I think I might be eating to much or maybe its because i am having a cup of coffee in the morning. I dont understand.

Does anybody know how soon should I start to see results?

I ate 3 slices of turkey bacon 1 egg, 3 egg whites, and 1 cup of coffee with about 2 tbs of heavy cream and 1 equal. is this to much for breakfast?

Note ( I also drink atleast 6 to 8 16.9 oz bottles of water a day. (I refill same water bottle)
Hello

Have you tried asking at the Atkins forum?

There are many people there that may be able to answer your questions and give suggestions. Best of luck!

Christine

Link removed

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-25-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, that's interesting. I'm only second go-around with Atkins, too, and it's definitely going slower that it did the first time. I lost 8 pounds on induction but now, 5 months later, I've only lost an addition 12-14 pounds. I was down about 40 by this time my first go-around.

I'm not trying to lose weight quickly. I've basically given myself about 18 months to lose 100 pounds. I thought that maybe I was sort of sabotaging myself simply because I wasn't rushing.

But maybe not? Is it possible that there's a physical reason why it doesn't work, or works less well, in subsequent attempts? That might explain a lot.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cscan1
does anyone out there know why it is that atkins does not seem to work as well the second ot third time around? my first try years ago it seemed like a metabolic meltdown...25 lbs in 4 weeks...i have tried faithfully twice over the last year and first time only lost 3 lbs, then nothing for 3 weeks. second time i lost nothing at all over 3 weeks. is there some reason for this??
I don't know if there is an actual "reason" for it or not. Personally, I think alot of it stems from people's expectations.
The first time someone does Atkins, it's like a miracle cure. You lose weight faster than you ever have in your life. It's a thrill, and it makes us all happy and giddy. You feel great, no more heartburn, and heck..you can fit into your favorite jeans again!!
Fast forward say 6 months....something happened, you started falling back into your old eating habits. You either don't realize, or choose to ignore how your body is trying to fight back. Heartburn, IBS, you name it, it's back...with a vengeance.
So okay, we hit the Atkins rack once again...no bread, sugar, cookies or cakes.
This is when the impatience fairy rears it's ugly head. We are expecting that rush of adrenaline, that surge of "hey I can lose 5 lbs in 3 days and feel like I've accomplished something Look at me, I'm on the path now!!!"
But guess what?? It's not going to happen. Why?? Because we *KNOW* what to expect now. We look forward to those same milestones and feelings of utter joy.
Instead of being happy with ourselves for taking the bull by the horns and recommitting ourselves to a better way of eating, and eventual weight loss, we think there is something askew with the universe, and the Atkins gods are somehow foiling our attempts to succeed.
I don't know about anyone else, but personally, I know for myself when I started Atkins the first time...every morsel that passed thru my lips was weighed and measured to within an inch of accuracy. Which of course caused amazing results. In just over 3 months, I had lost 40 lbs. For personal reasons, I too put Atkins on the back burner and soon gained all the weight back.
The second time around, I was a bit more lenient with my measures...if it was to be a tablespoon, and it happened to end up a tbsp and a half....oh well, it was close enough. That attitude in itself meant my weight loss would slow down and the lightning round of dropping pounds was over. <again losing 40 lbs in 5 months>

I think if we could all manage to keep that wide eyed wonder and enthusiasm throughout all our attempts at what seems to be our never ending battle, we would find that it wouldn't seem different at all.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Atkins

Just started yesterday. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I started the '72 version on November 7 and have lost 9 pounds so far. Of course 8 of those pounds were lost in the first week, so now I am getting worried because I have only lost 1 pound this week. I will keep at it for as long as it takes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.