Community
Notices

Atkins

Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

good info. thanks. The past 4 days have been crazy and I haven't been eating like I should. The scale reminded me of this. No excuses, it's all on me! Thanks again. I'll focus on carbs. this will make it easier for me. I tend to panick and then I get frustrated and I have to keep telling myself that nothing is perfect, especially me. I will stumble but i HAVE to do this. sorry, now I'm starting to ramble. thanks again.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,
Why don't you use keto diet as it has better results than Atkins...
I hope you would find it better than Atkins...

Last edited by mecompco; 04-09-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Removed SPAM Link
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Frustration!! Help

Yes, I've been on Atkins Induction for 2 weeks now...previously have lost lots of weight quickly on Atkins...this time around, only about 1/2 pound so far. I haven't had any sugar, flour of any kind in one month. Not sure what I'm doing wrong; my clothes are still tight, my belly flab hasn't shrunk..basically I am frustrated! I am on a very low dose of antidepressant, as well as nasal steroid sprays for allergies...doc insists that this won't cause weight gain (I've gained 17 pounds in last 2 years), but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

cllinfa,
You are in fitday. It has a food log feature. You can measure and put in your food intake for a day. Do that for a few days (I know, people don't like to measure and count, but just three days is all you need...) and be scrupulous about it WHILE you do the induction for Atkins. Don't obsess. Just keep doing what you are doing and see the actual calorie count of what you are eating.

Look at what fitday says is your calorie baseline for your current weight and activity level ('sedentary' is the best bet to specify, because you don't want to overestimate your calorie burning). Then see what the calorie-in, calorie-out balance is telling you.

The reason I say this is because IF it is more difficult to lose with the medications you're on (meaning, they are contributing to the slow weight loss), at least your doctor will be able to see this. Don't write it down for him - actually log on to fitday right on a computer in his office and show him!

All the speculation about what medications do is just that. You didn't even mention what medications you are on and even if you did, that wouldn't tell anything definitive about your slow weight loss.

You can always just do the obvious - keep on with the Atkins induction and accept that weight loss is going to be slow and then maybe speed up and then slow down again and then speed up again. Low-carbing is a choice that people make and it works just like any other diet. It's not magic. As you can plainly see now that you're doing it for the second time!

If it's a diet you LIKE, then stick to it only because you like it. This particular thread in fitday has reports from people who have done Atkins before and lost weight. What this tells you is that they went off it and put the weight back on and now they are about to diet again and lose again. Maybe they will put it back on again and maybe not. It's like any other diet that way.

You have a doctor. Maybe you can have some sort of nutritional counseling from someone in his office. It may depend on how much weight you have to lose and how important it is to your health at your age, with your medical background. No one knows that background like you do and like your doctor does. Good luck, whatever you choose!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hey,

I've been doing Atkins for almost two months now - I've lost 18.5 lbs (155-136.5, 5'4")

I find what has worked for me is to do the ratio 70%fat-25%protein-5%carbs (no more than 20 or 25 carbs/day)

Since this proves to be quite restrictive, I take supplements (especially potassium) to make sure I'm getting the nutrients I need.

While this is by no means a "lifestyle" (I am currently transitioning back to 50g of carbs per day), it was wonderful for weight loss and I never felt tired or sick or anything like that.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Everyone!

I am sort of new to FitDay...signed up a month or so ago but really never used it...

I tell myself that I am on Atkins, but I must admit that I on it "sloppy". I know this works, I have had success before; I need tidy up my eating and truly be on plan. I typically stay on induction levels for a long time since I have so much to lose (80 lbs). I made a vow to myself today that I will finally finally do this weight loss deal for MYSELF! Not for my husband, not for my kids, not for a special occasion -- but for ME...because if I don't take care of me, no one else is going to; it's all up to me!

I want Freedom from being fat! And I deserve it!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,
All the best with your weight loss. I am in week 4 of Atkins and so far have lost 4.6kilos.I am doing better than I thought I would. I stay around 20 - 25 carbs or I thought so now will enter everything into Fitday and see how I am going. No longer hungry but still have a habit of thinking i need to eat when actually i don't but will keep pushing forward. My daughter gets married in October I will be wearing a dress for the first time in 20 years. All the best keep me posted how you are going.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned

Great Job everybody! Glad Atkins is working for you!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

its my first day back on the atkins in about 8 years!! so i cant wait to get back on the wagon! i only started at lunch time but i am determined. i am a big meat eater so i find this the easiest lifestyle change to make.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default is noone posting?

i've noticed that nobody is posting on this forum anymore? is there areason? i was looking forward to meeting you all and getting some tips.

anyways i am now on day 14 and i've lost 10lbs, i fell alot healthier though i did have a carb day and i wish i hadnt now. i have maintained losing weight but feel terrible mentally and physically, i am exhausted, my body aches and my head is still in bed. has anyone else came across this?

poppy1979

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.