Community
Notices

Atkins

Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I am new to FitDay and I am following the Atkins Diet. I started Atkins in July 2010 and followed it very closely until October of 2010. I then had some major life changes happening and slowed a little. Then we moved in December 2010 and I was a little overwhelmed so used my carb addiction to ease the transition.

I started back on a low carb way of eating this month and went back into induction phase about a week ago. I am in Ketosis now and after the inital Atkins "flu" I am feeling very good. My joint pain and muscle aches are pretty much gone. I suffer from fibromyalgia and I have never felt better than I do on Atkins.

I am going to post on here regularly to hold myself accountable. Hopefully, I can have some Atkins buddies to help and help me!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

My day so far...

3 boiled eggs w/TBS butter, 1 tsp olive oil and salt
1 cup of sliced cucumber with the peel (I find leaving the peel on alleviates constipation)
30 oz of water
My supplements
1.5 mile walk
Old 02-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

i know a few ppl they have done pretty good on the Atkins..Keep it up everybody!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, since October, find it easy to follow but in last month the lbs are going off a lot more slowly, and I'm not cheating. Any advice?
Old 03-05-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Wink 1st week on Atkins and I'm thrilled

desperate, I have come to Atkins after only being able to lose 1#per week by cutting back on foods and getting up to an hour on the treadmill. Well, my first week with atkins and the same 3 miles per hour ( although I kicked it up to 6 days this week) I have lost a fabulous 8#'s and an inch on my waist.
Now I am looking for support to stay on induction until I drop 55#'s by my 55th birthday in August. anyone out there wanna "pal-up" with me and keep me motivated. I know me - and the plateaus are a bear... will need some help and perspective.. You can say to yourself - progress - not perfection --- but it helps so much more to hear it from a friend.
Thanks for the shout out.
ricky
Old 03-05-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

me me me - count on me. I can understand falling off the wagon, and sympathize with those life transitions. I want to initiate the transition this time, and decide what changes I want and need for my soul. It's never to late to bloom?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

I just started Atkins 3 weeks ago and have already lost 16 pounds. The carb cravings are gone and I feel great. Atkins is a WOE that is a life long commitment. I have a long way to go but am motivated to stay on track for the long haul.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Pregnant on Atkins

Originally Posted by jamsandwichjd
Just curious if there's any critical information in the books that isn't on the Atkins website. I just kicked off an attempt at taking on Atkins today, but I'm not particularly interested in shelling out for diet books.

Until my wife got pregnant (2.5 long years ago), I'd been following a pretty principled GI diet, which works well for me. I fell off the wagon in a huge way (more so now that she's pregnant again and eating accordingly) and I've decided to start taking off some of this extra weight (40 lbs) by doing something a little more restrictive than the GI approach (but with its own appeal, being a little friendlier to fats)... once I get close to my goal weight I'll have to re-evaluate whether Atkins is still right for me, but my understanding is that once you hit the later phases, Atkins and GI share a lot, so maybe that won't be the case.

Anyhow, hope I can take off a big chunk of the weight before the second baby comes.
If your wife is also trying the diet, be careful with this diet when pregnant. In the first book ever published, Dr Atkins himself warns against phase 1 for pregnant women. He states that a modified form of the diet (owl or above) is safer.

Last edited by jazzmyn2; 03-09-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

wow - that's over 5#'s a week. I soo much want to follow suite. I am nearing the 200 mark, never to see it again and its really exciting to hear you have gotten such good results, maybe I can too.
found some carb creep in my calcium supplement viactin - 3 carbs per unit and I was doing 2 or 3 per day. Going our for some regular tablets and put these away for my owl.
also, happy to report I "like" mock mashed potatoes. yippee.
Hitting my 2 week mark and 10# down... hope now that I found the culprit... I'll get another 8 off and catch up with you, Tex.. then its the long haul.

past the point of no return
ricky
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thrilled this morning to see the scale tip under 200. Remotivated for exercize - but still not thrilled for the treadmill for an hour. Guess its time to break out some exercise videos. I have a bunch on vhs and need to convert them to cd since my tv won't show the picture, I only get sound and don't want to pull the cords apart to see whats going on. Today, the goal is to get to all 20 carbs - Its a little harder than expected to get that many, but vegies are essential. Being winter I have to buy frozen and none too thrilled with eating spinach all the time, feel like popeye. So off I go to try flax seeds. never did them before but going for the gold means changing - and I'm up for the change.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by texas_lowcarbman
I just started Atkins 3 weeks ago and have already lost 16 pounds. The carb cravings are gone and I feel great. Atkins is a WOE that is a life long commitment. I have a long way to go but am motivated to stay on track for the long haul.
Way to go!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.