FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Eat to Live diet by Joel Fuhrman (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/4526-eat-live-diet-joel-fuhrman.html)

rodzat 01-25-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by whitneyroman (Post 113728)
I have been following a nutritarian diet for a week now, and I am loving it!!

My biggest problem is not being able to eat a full 2 pounds of veggies/day. I get filled up quick, on less. I think this is ok as it should indicate that I am receiving what is needed?

I'm also breastfeeding a 9-month old baby. I haven't noticed any changes in her behavior or feeding habits. However, I add more nuts to my salads than recommended.

Being 5'8" and 124, I don't want to lose any weight - I am doing this for the benefits and lifestyle diet change.

The dressings are my favorite part about this plan!! They are what makes it doable for me.

What dressings are you using (general recipes / ingredients, if you can)? This is definitely the worst part of the process for me.

natielite 01-19-2016 06:37 PM

I have been Eating to live since December first and am down 26 pounds. Few cheat days (Holidays!) but have done really well. I have a hard time eating all the salad because it takes so much time!!! I found making a smoothie with TONS of kale, spinach, lettuce, frozen berries and a couple fresh fruits will give me something to sip on through out the day and I usually only eat one cooked meal and raw veggies with hummus. I don't like the salad dressings either- but a "taco" salad isn't too bad, put my black beans with taco seasoning on top and use salsa. I just don't place too much emphasis on eating as much as he says, because it is overwhelming, but good to know I can if I a hungry. I just haven't been very hungry. I also try to IF (intermittent fasting) I try not to eat after 9 pm and then not eat for 12-16 hours after that. I am a night owl so I am up late and works for me. And the salami?? I wouldn't even smell it or I would eat the whole thing! lol Salty foods are my worst addiction!

insideout22 01-21-2016 06:05 AM

The best way to maintain weight loss is get to know what foods suit you, and enjoy them, I learnt this on a detox @ Retreat Biarritz last year and read their articles on line all about how detoxing works with the body, to remove old trapped toxins. I lost 5 KG in 7 days. 11LBS.
I eat to live, I eat some raw foods as well as lots of vegetables. I felt great after my detox and decided there and then to give up meat and fish. they just did not suit me and I only knew this when I stopped eating them and eliminated food for 3 days and really experienced how my body felt.
My weight is off and staying off

rmandree 03-08-2017 03:57 AM

Whey protein supplementation

I am trying to follow the Eat To Live Diet as strictly as possible, but I wanted to know how much using a small amount of protein powder added to my oatmeal in the morning would affect my results. Please advise

Kathy13118 03-08-2017 07:00 AM

What does Furhman say about protein powder? It's way too much trouble to find my book...

EdilbertaGomez 04-19-2017 07:14 PM

Yeah..I rarely do exercise but I always make sure that I only eat the right food for me specially the veggies and tofu. I also restrict myself from bad cholesterol and soda. One big factor of the eat to live is that I manage to influence my other family members as well to eat only healthy foods and I don't store more snacks in the fridge.

I love the last rule which is to eat only when hungry. Lol. I do not follow it before but when I gained more weight, I realized that too much is bad. So, discipline is always the key in having a healthy body.

speedman 01-11-2018 05:18 PM

I read a lot of posts here on this thread about losing weight with Dr. Fuhrman's plan. BUT, what about people (such as me) that are thin and DON"T want to lose weight? All I want to do is to control my blood pressure and be healthy. If I end up losing even just 15 pounds then I will look almost anorexic. Am I the only person in the world that is thin and wants to follow Dr. Fuhrman's healthy plan?

I have his "End of Heart Disease" book and really want to follow his plan. But following his plan of eating vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds will barely get me to 1000 calories for each day (and I'm not sure I can even get to 1000 calories eating this way). How do any of you handle losing TOO much weight? Aren't any of you concerned with that?

kelvin178 01-15-2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ChaiKitty (Post 48938)
Is anyone else having success with the Eat to Live plan?

It essentially recommends a diet without processed foods and limited grains, where the goal of the diet is to maximize the nutrient to calorie ratio of foods (obviously veggies, especially greens are the most nutrient dense and meats/cheeses have virtually none).

General guidelines are to make it a goal to:
  • eat one pound of raw veggies per day (mostly leafy greens),
  • one pound of cooked veggies per day,
  • at least four fruits per day,
  • at least one cup of legumes (beans/pulses) per day,
  • up to one cup of soy milk or tofu per day,
  • no between meal snacks,
  • only eat if hungry.

A final note is that one should follow the 90% rule with this recommendation, where you should be following the recommendations 90 percent of the time with 10 percent of allowable deviations.

So, is anyone else out there having success with this diet? I love it. It has totally revolutionized my eating and I have lost 30lbs in 5 months. I frequently have cheats, but up to the point allowable in the 90% rule. I also feel this diet will be sustainable for the long term and I look forward to striving to eat this way for the rest of my life. No more counting calories.

Please share your stories.

Thanks,
ChaiKitty

Feels like your diet "Eat to Live plan" is working fine to lose weight.
I follow diet from besthcgdropswebsitedotcom. They have provided realistic information about hcg diet. But your diet is much simpler than hcg diet.
I want to know you time table. Can you share?

CLindsey12 01-23-2018 06:11 PM

Thanks for sharing such helpful post kitty.

panchkarma27 05-28-2018 06:27 PM

I rarely do exercise but I always make sure that I only eat the right food for me .specially the veggies. I am trying to follow the Eat To Live Diet as strictly as possible, but I wanted to know how much using a small amount of protein powder added to my oatmeal in the morning would affect my results