Notices

4 hour body diet

Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default 4 hour body diet

Is somebody on??? please let m know!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

I just started it (on day 2) and am also interested in people's experiences with it. There was a thread on it earlier here. I'm blogging my progress daily here.

All I can say was that day 1 was easy but day 2 has been harder than I thought, but I responded to cravings by digging into a Chipotle dish, inspired by his discussion of Chipotle in the book. When I came back and calculated how many calories were in my dish (even though he says you shouldn't count calories), it came up to an estimated 830 calories, which got me concerned: is the issue just to stick to his low-carb guidelines, or is eating too many calories while within the guidelines essentially equal to bingeing?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

I have also been trying to figure out ways to keep my 4 hour body diet while increasing mileage and going on long runs.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
FitDay Member

My coworker is doing this, I bought her the book from Borders with a Groupon discount before Borders closed up. I actually bought three of them, one of her one for my sister and one for myself. We jokingly refer to it as the bible. she had post it notes stuck all over the place in it, highlighted areas. she has lost 49 pounds so far in about five months without much exercising because she is a single mom with two young children and works nights.

she loves the book though and said the best thing is what the guy says at the beginning of the book, read the index and start with the areas that you feel apply to you, don't start with the reading it front to back.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

hello
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

what is a 4 hour body diet?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

Having a diet that is low fat but not exactly fat free, rich in vitamins, and very high in fiber. It is important to have a good diet, a moderate exercise program, and to have at least 1800 calories a day when breastfeeding, to keep you and the baby healthy. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Perenna
I just started it (on day 2) and am also interested in people's experiences with it. There was a thread on it earlier here. I'm blogging my progress daily here.

All I can say was that day 1 was easy but day 2 has been harder than I thought, but I responded to cravings by digging into a Chipotle dish, inspired by his discussion of Chipotle in the book. When I came back and calculated how many calories were in my dish (even though he says you shouldn't count calories), it came up to an estimated 830 calories, which got me concerned: is the issue just to stick to his low-carb guidelines, or is eating too many calories while within the guidelines essentially equal to bingeing?
You cannot count carbs and calories at the same time (effectively). That said, I wouldn't have an 830 calorie dish 3 meals/day, 7 days/week. Once in a while should be OK. On Atkins, I don't worry about the calories in fresh foods (meat, eggs, veggies, or oil), but I do limit the calories in artificial foods (flours, processed foods) and the number of prepared 'diet' foods (Atkins shakes, bars, etc.). I also limit the number of sweeteners I have each day.

Whatever diet you are doing, there are a few universal truths--complete your food journal every day, drink plenty of water, move your body.

Good luck!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by felenar404
Is somebody on??? please let m know!
Yeah, i'm interested. I'm in!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I've been reading the book and am starting it in the morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.