Notices

alli

Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default alli

I started alli yesterday. My diet is going fine. However, I am at a weight that I have not been able to get below from the day I first gained above it. I had used Xenical in the past with good success and few side effects, so I decided to add alli to my diet to see if I can make it this time. I eat low-fat and with the alli/xenical it helped me lose extra fat. I was unable to afford to keep it going last time, but I'm trying this for the next forty days.

Anybody on this?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default So far so good

I'm down seven pounds in three days. No reaction to the pill. Keeping my fat grams to 19 a meal. Eating (gasp) 1800 calories a day.

alli claims to add 50% to my normal weightloss. If I lose 5, using alli will turn it to a 7.5 pound weightloss.

I like being able to have more food. I've been on the losing battle literally since February and feel this will keep my momentum going. Will keep you posted.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

That's great. Let us know how it continues to work. It's always nice when we find a plan that works for us!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

I've tried alli in the past but I didnt see any extra weight being lost, I ate a low fat diet like they suggest but I started getting stomach cramps when I was trying to sleep which I never had before or after stopping, so I didnt like it at all. I find a low calorie diet and exercise works best for me, but what works for one may not for another so I hope it works better for you. Good luck. Renee
Start weight: 215
Current weight: 194
Goal weight: 140
Old 04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Still losing Hallelujah!

So far it's 11 pounds off since starting alli. No side effects. One day I knew I was going over my fat grams and simply didn't take the pill. It's easy to control.

I was on low fat anyway, so I think this works for me. I'd like to take personal credit for my own weightloss and not hand it over to a diet pill that I'm using short term. alli may have helped me get over the hump, and maybe it's just a mental thing with me. But I am the one making the right food choices and walking my life away with my boxer in my neighborhood and on the treadmill at the gym.

I'm enjoying fitting into chairs with armrests. I am shocked by my shadow on the sidewalk because my behind isn't sticking out. I see a slimmer face and baggy pants that are falling down.

Rather than moan the process, I'm trying to enjoy the journey. I'm not perfect in this, but I'm considerably better and am still losing.

The funny thing is, when I weighed 468 pounds I was so addicted to food that I was afraid to be without it. Now, I have difficulty finishing my measured meals. Who is this woman?

Take care all.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm doing the July 4th challenge

On Friday I posted a three pound weightloss with a weight of 260. Today, I weighed 256. I used alli on Sunday, not on Saturday. I am not starving and I have zero side effects.

Did alot of walking and playing with my dog. I also did Sharon Mann's boxing/cardio workout last night.

I discovered I love whole wheat tortilla wraps with spicy tuna, avocado and salsa. Very filling, satisfying and healthy.

Today the usual speed on the treadmill was too slow for me. I moved it up one more number and increased the incline.

I love the improvements I'm making, the numbers I'm seeing on the scale and the well-being I have with not eating fried foods and junk. It's an exciting time for me.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Still losing

I have dropped more weight. Weighed in at 250 this morning before taking my dog for a walk. Still working with alli.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

congrats!