Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
The Anabolic Diet -  not to be confused with Atkins >

The Anabolic Diet - not to be confused with Atkins

Notices

The Anabolic Diet - not to be confused with Atkins

Old 04-10-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Broken the 80kg barrier. First time in 3 years yippie!

79.6kg ok so it's not a big leap but I have failed miserably to get under 80kg for an age. I am so darn happy I could do the limbo

So I am going to weigh myself every other day out of curiosity. I will ignore it if it hasn't gone down as I my official weight day is Friday. But, on the other hand if it has gone down I'll use it to motivate me onwards.

I am in very good spirits on this diet and not hungry at all, I eat when I'm hungry.

Peace x
Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Congrats on your success. Next week I'm going to start low carbing again. I felt so much better when I did it.
Hi 01gt4.6

That's the banana! That's exactly how I feel.
]
]
Thanks for posting it for me. I feel so light on my feet it's amazing. It definately is working for me on many levels.

The interesting thing will be how much will I gain on the carb up. I thinks it's going to be an eek: moment but I don't mind and I won't let it throw me. I believe in the fundememtals of the diet and how it works and I'll trust it to bring the results if I stick to it and don't cheat. And let me tell you I won't. I plan to post before pics on my Birthday in July when hopefulyy I have made substantial changes. I'd better. The before pictures are truely awful and light catches every lump and bump. Here's to a smoother silhouette.

to good health
Lollie x

Last edited by sockmonkeymassive; 04-10-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: to add a banana
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Post Slightly grumpy today!

Today is my first slightly grumpy day. Although I don't think it's the diet I think it's more the bumps of life.

The weird thing is I m so NOT hungry at all any more. I find myself having to make sure I eat enouh calories in the day, never less than 1000 but I try to get closer to 1500. I haven't yet gone over 1500 which I think is ideal.

Well 2 days to a 24-48 hour CARB UP. I should be excited but I'm a little aprehensive. I'm a carb freak Carbs make me crave carbs and I seem to have a bottomless pit for a stomach when I eat them so control is going to be the key. I'm thinking of making some homemade pancakes and some multigrain bread so I can have fresh toast as my first carb meals. I'm quite excited about that thought. Apple crumble or Dutch Apple Cake as my weekend treat with ice cream or custard. My mouth is watering just thinking about it

2 days...

Last edited by sockmonkeymassive; 04-13-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling grrr!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Carb up day (or 2) is here, with intrepidation!

Should I start with my weight: 79kg dead. Exciting! Ok so here it is. Carb up days or weekend. I would/should start carbing up later today but it is day 12 and I'm out for a meal next Friday with friends so I'm carbing up early early friday until saturday afternoon instead of late friday and all day saturday.

So it is anly 13.40 UK time and I've had the same amont of calories I would normally have in a whole day on my low carb weekdays. What I've really found quite shocking is how easy it is to rack up calories when eating carbs on a daily basis. That would be normal eating for most people, no wonder we're all getting bigger.

So I have my macro-nutrients ratio right for the Anabolic Diet. 55-60% Carbs 25-30% fats 5010% protein.

A my caolories are supposedly unlimited (within reason) while carbing up I am going to stick to around my normal calorie intake for a normal day would be based on my current weight. I do not want to lay down fat in the window by stuffing myself silly just because I can. It kind of defeats the object and in my mind starts a game of snakes and ladders.

So, lets see how it goes... I'll let you know.

I hope you're all doing well.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

I noticed too that it's difficult to get in a lot of calories without the carbs. Have fun with your 2 day break. I'm going to do a 1 day free for all either Sunday or Monday.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, i just joined fitday and was hoping to find other who are doing this as well ... I'm doing the anabolic diet approach - i'm on day 24 and LOVE eating this way, i could easily do it for life - my strength gains have been so great (i think it's the added protien) and by now, I rarely get hungry, I have to make sure I eat. I've only lost 2pds but have always been a slow loser. I think I have to drop my calories more during the weekdays and will still enjoy a carb up weekend. Lemme just say I lost the 2pds while adding about 700 - 800 cal PER DAY!! I used to survive on 1200 - 1400cal / day but now on this plan I hit about 1900 cal day!!! and still lost. It's difficult to eat that much and now my appetite is waning so I think it's time to drop because I'm feeling to stuffed and disgusted by the evening ... lol. Lemme know how you are still doing on this ... I am 143pd as of today and want to get to about 118 by mid Jan. while maintaining or building all my hard earned muscle. Training is only 3x/wk circuit style weights on 2 days and 1 heavy lift day. Will add 2 days of cardio starting next week is the plan. Pls post or pm me - I would love to hear more on your progress or any tips.
thanks! Salina
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

I start the low carb diet to day. It went ok all day. Around 5 pm I went for a run and I was exhausted, hungry. I went home I saw a loaf of bread on the kitchen counter. I almost gobble it up. But i didn't. 1 day down - 11 days to go.
Mai
Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

I have done this diet and fully support it. Firstly let me clarify, when I say I have done, which indicates I no longer do, I now am in a state of unconscious low carb dieting in an anabolic fashion, rather than a strict adherer of the anabolic diet (AD).

I found the AD to be a tremendous success when tied together with a solid weight program. My wife though was modelling the catwalk and would use a low carb diet to get in tip top shape for that.

To me it seems that, due to the requirement for carbs to build muscle mass, the AD is the ideal solution for being lean if you are also going to marry it to a fitness regime, especially one that includes lifting weights. In this way it supports the requirements of improving in this field.

With regard to weight loss a general balance of low carb and calorie restricting (being in a deficit) will see a solid result over time.

Diet though is a manager of weight whereas exercise is a manager of composition. This is because muscles are more calorifically demanding than fat storage and so the body will try to shed muscle mass on a calorie deficit diet to reduce the load on the system. This is why some people are very thin but do not look so good.

In summary I would say the anabolic diet is excellent and I would encourage anyone to follow it and to exercise 3 times a week with weights plus some cardio. It is simple advice however so many people want to complicate things and search out the quick fixes.

Congratulations on your pics, they are similar to where I was and am now and you are an inspiration to so many others if only they had your self control and discipline.

I just checked by the way and at 15:05hrs today my diet is... 478 calories, 25.7gm fat, 17.4 gm carbs, 43.6 protein. I am male, weight 187lbs. I have just spent a month in the US and am trying to ease back down some of the bloat I picked up over there. I would say I need to lose 4 lbs to be lean and 7 lbs to be very lean. I am 6ft 4 and wear size 33 inch waist trousers.

Go AD!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Oh and I am 43 years old.