Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Help please...i have p.o.s and need help with diet >

Help please...i have p.o.s and need help with diet

Notices

Help please...i have p.o.s and need help with diet

Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

Question Help please...i have p.o.s and need help with diet

I am 22 will be 23 next month and I Recently found out I had P.O.S (polycystic ovarion syndrome) it has been very hard for me to get pregnant and when I have i miscarry..so the doc has but me on birthcontrol for between 1-3 mnths and also said i should stick to a diabetic diet and exercise. I am not really heavy but would like to loose around 20-30 pounds max prob 25. she said because of the p.o.s. they might have to give me insilin and if so i could gain 50 pnds in the next year if i do not stick to the diabetic diet and exercise. so I am needing help tryin to find a good diet and exercise plan. but the diet plan i need would need to be something im not going to have to spend a ton of money on. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

do try your best and stick to the right diet and exercise, my classmate was only 5'1'' and very obese, she thought she had no chance of having babies (they tried for 7years) then she lost about 40lb and she had a healthy baby, the natural way no IVF.
Check out some sites like diabetes.com or google 'glycemic index'. IMO, every low sugar option is better than full sugar one.
Good luck, you can do it
P.S.: It really works, I have 3 babies and I always became pregnant after losing a couple of pounds. I guess the body cleanses itself with the weight loss.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jessy, your regular doctor can give you a diabetic diet plan to follow, they are more than happy to help all you need to do is ask.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Jessy,

I know it can be scary, but I had something similar. For one: ask your doctor to give you a full hormone test which will test your Progesterone levels. A lot of times things like this are linked to producing too much Estrogen and too little Progesterone, and Estrogen causes growth(it's the growth hormone). This could be why he also put you on birth control, but chemical hormones are so dangerous. Natural progesterone cream has helped me to rid myself of cysts and fibroids, and it also balances out my hormone levels which aids in weight loss.

Please consider talking to your doctor about a hormone test, as well as seeking out a second opinion from another doctor. Most doctors will throw ladies on birth control, but that should never be the answer. Here is a link for a website which explains it all better: FAQ PCOS

This is the part on how progesterone can hel with POS.

I wish you luck, and will be here for you if you need to talk about it. ^_^
Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Follow the diabetic diet

Get the diet from your doctor or online. Mayo Clinic has it available with the food exchanges. I follow this and it is what I am able to lose weight on. It is healthy, but takes real committment to make changes and to get used to the low amount of meat, and the lack of sugar. You will adjust.

I feel really good eating this way and am off the meds for type 2. You have your answer as for what to eat. It's not any more expensive than processed foods are.

Good luck.