Community
Notices

HCG Diet

Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hello - I did the HCG diet four years ago before it went wild-crazy popular and all the different methods popped up, and have kept the majority of the weight off. LOL I'm a purist and would use only the real stuff. I'm about 15 up at the moment, and am back on Fitday to track what I am eating and to see why I gained these last 7 lbs. Of course I know why - started a new job 3 months ago, and the stress of it as well as the sitting at the desk thing has caught up to me! I'm confident though that keeping track of what I'm eating and eating p3 style and dragging my bike out will get me back down again.

HCG is not easy, and yet I am so glad I did it. VERY. 52 lbs. lighter than I was back then. I keep a shirt I used to wear and thought I was cute in it - lol now and then I slip it on, so I can see just how better I am now.

15 lbs. isn't enough to lose to warrant another round, not really, though I won't discount it. So yes, it works, yes, I know people who have kept it off (I hung out on happilythinnerafter.com) and those who haven't because they let the bad habits slip up.

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just quit HCG

I started HCG (Homeopathic) on March 31 of this year. I did 8 weeks my first round on Phase 2, then 3 weeks on Phase 3, then back on phase 2 for 2 more weeks. I wasn't losing as well this time, and my hunger seemed to be alittle more prevelant.. I noticed that my new drops didn't have any HCG in them, and the crafty website I ordered them from, changed the formula, but left the bottle and packaging completly identical. I decided to go off the drops, and try to lose myself. The night I made this choice, I over ate, of course.. But yesterday I counted calories, and felt I was being good, I even exorcised twice (somthing i missed while on HCG). And today I have a gain. I gained yesterday too. 3 lbs total for both days. I can blame it on a number of things, the over eating Sunday night, the workouts making me retain water, cottage cheese in my smoothy(I usualy showed a gain follow cottage cheese days) or that the drops really did work, and cause me to gain extra.. Whatever it was, I am really bummed about it.. Anways, I am going to keep plugging along..

Also I lost 26 lbs and went from a 14 to an 8 in the 13 weeks I followed the plan.. (including the 3, I have already gained back). Hopefully i can lose the last 5 lbs to goal,and maintain it myself.. Good luck everyone..
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Vegetarian hcg?

I have a doc apt in a few weeks to begin HCG. 50 pounds gets never the top of my weight range. I was wondering if you can substitute legumes for the meat for your protien on HCG?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default hcg and the fit day calculator

Hello.

I'm having a small issue with my fit day calculator. First off, I love the idea and the food database itself! But with the program (HCG) I did and now I'm in the maintenance phase I find it a little hard to know if I'm getting what I need.
After plugging in my foods and seeing all the numbers and that pie graph at the bottom I'm at my daily carb limit by mid day. It's obvious there are 'good' carbs...like the kind in fruit and vegetables (I know I can eat those things) but that is usually what pumps my count up so then it looks like I have way to high of a carb %. I just don't know what I can mentally subtract from my carb total, or are all carbs bad and I should cut down on my fruit and veggie intake??? The P3 of HCG seems unatural as it is, eating all fats and lots of meat...goes against what I've been taught to do most of my life. So after eating a salmon fillet fried in butter I really want to have lots of veggies because in my mind I'm thinking..OMG my heart is going to stop soon if I keep eating butters and oils like this!! But yet the scale stays around the same #...it's magic or something...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

I tried it last year after giving birth. Honestly I was miserable. I was hungry the entire time and I gained all the weight back within a month of completing the process despite a very intense diet and work out regimine. Everyone's body is different though. It may work wonders for you! good luck!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default HCG recipe books

I have done the Hcg diet a few times. It works if you stay on it like you should. It is hard, but I bought some recipe books that make it so much better and easier. Last night I had steamed spinach and ground up some hamburger meat in it. It was really good. I then had an orange for desert later. I do tweak the diet some, but have lost doing it before. I mix veggies. I have as much veggies as I want. I add a few things like jalapeno peppers, pickles, and diet pop. Also, I can not stand salad dressing with no fat in it, so I crumble the meat over the salad and then use Walden Farms salad dressing, which is legal. The Walden Farms dressing is good, but too sweet for my taste, so I salt and pepper it. Also, in the recipe books, it adds broth for soup, and that's good too. I just started back on this, so I'll try to keep you posted.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default not enough calories

I've been on the hcg diet for 17 days and have lost 21 lbs without difficulty.
The only problem is that I seldom eat over 350 cal in a day,if I stick to the 100gr protocol. There just aren't that many calories in leafy vegetables! Chicken and fish and they are pretty low cal too. I am using the homeopathic hcg alternative drops (FDA has banned the real stuff) 6 x a day and don't feel hungry at all. I like to puree strawberries with lemon juice and cider vinegar for a salad dressing....it's very yummy. I use a lot of fresh ginger and garlic too.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

You will lose weight on it. My Brother and I both lost 50+ each with HCG both put most of the weight back on. GOOD LUCK
Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hcg

Is this post recent? If so what is the new hcg protocol?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

I must start to use hcg diet because I must lose weight very fast and very healthy, I read a lot about hcg pellets and and I want your opinion about this....

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-19-2014 at 03:19 AM. Reason: remved links

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.