Notices

Body for Life

Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Body for Life

Anyone following BFL or on transformation.com? I have always been a fan of Bill Phillips and lost 65 lbs in 6 months following BFL in 2001/2002 and I felt great! FFW 10 yrs later and here I start over and back to the way of life that I should have kept following.

BTW Thank you fitday for keeping ALL my info from the time that I started my fitday acct in 6/2001. It's great to be able to go back and see all that inputed. I am determined to win for good this time!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Best wishes to you on the plan. You did it once and you will do it again.

FYI - I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

You can do it! I have read the Body for Life Book. I currently checked it out form the libary. I may be intrested in doing it. The only down fall with it is I cant seem to stay with the HITT long enough. I need to talk myself into doing it for the 20 minutes. I also I think the protien shakes make me gain weight instead of losing the weight.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kmovoilet
You can do it! I have read the Body for Life Book. I currently checked it out form the libary. I may be intrested in doing it. The only down fall with it is I cant seem to stay with the HITT long enough. I need to talk myself into doing it for the 20 minutes. I also I think the protien shakes make me gain weight instead of losing the weight.
I wouldn't worry about the HITT. Just go as hard as you're comfortable with. That's the beauty of BFL, HITT is different levels for everyone. Stay within your target heart range and you will be fine. Honestly I never push myself to the point of exhaustion. That is just overkill, IMO. And you don't have to do the shakes or any other suppliments either. Only a good quality multi-vitamin.

There is also a BFL womens board yahoo group. Link removed I haven't checked into it in a long while. I am following the dumb bell exercises in the book and for cardio, I am walking. Eventually I want to start running and will do the couch-to-5k program. Have a good bit of weight to lose first, gotta be kind to these 40 yr old knees!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-21-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I love BFL. I've followed it several times and had a lot of success in losing weight. The problem I have is sticking with it after the fact. I embrace a lot of the principles of the program now, even though I don't follow it. I try to do 5-6 small "meals" a day, even if some of those meals are health bars. I set goals it smaller time blocks, 12-24 weeks. I have a "free day." Overall I think it's a great program.